This Chocolate Brownie Bread is a delicious cross between a brownie and a quick bread- there will be no crumb left behind.
This bread was created out of my need to use up some buttermilk. I always buy it for one recipe, use a little bit, and the rest of the carton just sits there. I whipped this up quick and it turned out better than I imagined. The buttermilk gives it so much moisture. This is one of those breads that actually gets better the next day. From now on I will buy buttermilk just to make this bread!
The chocolate chips are added half way through the cooking time. The first time I made it, I added them at the beginning and they all sunk to the bottom. Round two worked much better.
You’re addicted to chocolate!!
And this is triple chocolate so that’s even better!
Another great thing about this bread is that it freezes perfectly. Let it cool completely, wrap in in plastic wrap, then place in a gallon size baggie. Press all the air out and freeze. Just pull it out of the freezer the night before you need it- so easy!
Chocolate Brownie Bread
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter- melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 instant chocolate pudding mix 4 serving size
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease 2 9x5 loaf pans.
- Combine melted butter and sugar in a large bowl and stir until combined.
- Add egg and buttermilk and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pudding mix, and cocoa powder. Stir until mixed.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with mini chocolate chips.
- Place back in oven and bake for another 20-25 min or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.