These Paleo Chicken Nuggets are easy, so delicious, and the perfect quick dinner! Gluten free, dairy free, nut free, egg free and so crispy!
I have seen many recipes for copy-cat Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets. One really interesting part of them is the soak in pickle juice- it may sound weird, but it totally works. It makes the nuggets so juicy and full of flavor. Once I made one batch in pickle juice I had the idea to use jalapeño juice, that turned out to be a great idea! It isn’t spicy, it just has a little different flavor and is so good. I highly recommend trying it with jalapeño juice. Ok, so I’m going to get a little picky here and talk about jarred pickles. Most brands have nasty additives and even food coloring. Just read the labels before using the juice. I really like Trader Joe’s organic pickles- the ingredients are simple and basic, nothing unnecessary and they are inexpensive.
You will love how easy these are to make. Just soak in the juice, drain, toss with coconut flour, and fry. No multiple steps of breading (although that can be tasty!) and less dirty dishes.
These are such a quick, easy, delicious dinner that the whole family will love. These are paleo, gluten free and also nut free and egg free. I know some people have those restrictions and these fit right in. They are also Whole30 since they are pan-fried.
You will love how quick, easy, and delicious these are! Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside.
Paleo Chicken Nuggets
- In a large bowl, combine chicken and juice and let marinade for 30 minutes.
- Drain the juice and pat the chicken dry with paper towel.
- Add the coconut flour, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne. Toss to coat the chicken evenly.
- Heat the lard in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place half the chicken in the pan and fry 3 minutes, flip and fry another 3 minutes.
- Remove chicken and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Serve with ketchup, honey mustard, or honey. The last two not being Whole30.