This Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Bread is easy, lightly sweetened, and perfect for breakfast or a snack. So moist and delicious while still being gluten free and dairy free.
Lemon Poppy Seed bread has been probably my favorite bread for a long time. I can’t remember when I first tried it, but I know I loved it immediately. I love anything citrus, but this bread is the best. Making a paleo version wasn’t hard at all. It’s sweetened only with honey and it’s definitely not as sweet as a regular loaf is, but my husband and I both thought it was perfect. My husband has never actually had the “original” version of this bread, but he absolutely loved it!
It is so moist! It doesn’t need butter (ghee), a glaze or anything- it is perfect the way it is. I took a bite and it melted in my mouth and the lemon was definitely the star flavor. Eating piece after piece is a little too easy.
You will love how easy it is to make. Mixed in one bowl, by hand, and in the oven in only a few minutes. Juicing the lemons is probably what takes the longest and that’s not bad at all! When it was baking it smelled just like what I remembered- that distinct lemony goodness. I couldn’t wait to try it and it is just as good as I was hoping.
This bread is quick to make, so simple, and packed with lemon flavor! You will love it! A classic treat made-over and still just as delicious.
Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir together.
- Add the eggs, honey, coconut oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and almond milk. Stir until smooth.
- Add in poppy seeds and pour into pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The edges should be slightly brown.
- *store in the fridge if not eaten in 2 days.