These Paleo Cinnamon Roll Pancakes are fun, easy, and so delicious! Fluffy pancakes with a sweet cinnamon swirl that are gluten free and dairy free!
This post is sponsored on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Jay’s Baking Me Crazy possible!
I’m just going to say it- these pancakes are crazy good! I saw the idea so many years ago on Pinterest and the idea has stuck in my head ever since. Making them paleo was super easy using Bob’s Red Mill‘s new Paleo Pancake and Waffle Mix.
As much as I love cooking from scratch, I also love convenience. I have a toddler that keeps me busy and if I can find a short cut to breakfast, I’ll take it. I won’t compromise quality though and this pancake mix has all clean ingredients. Something I feel good about eating and feeding my daughter.
The cinnamon mixture is super easy to make and it caramelizes as it cooks. It’s crispy, slightly sweet, and pairs perfectly with the light fluffy pancakes. We found they were good eaten as-is or with a little grass fed butter on them. You could totally drizzle some maple syrup on them as well though, to make them more of a treat.
A couple tips to make these come out perfect:
- Make sure the cinnamon mixture is not too soft or too much will come out and make a mess. It should be the consistency of toothpaste and easily controlled.
- Use a non-stick pan when making these. I know non-stick can be a little controversial, but there are good brands out there now where the coating isn’t toxic and are safe to use.
- Wipe the pan completely clean between each pancake. The cinnamon mixture makes a little mess and if you leave it, it will burn.
- Flip with the thinnest spatula you have- metal if you have it. You will want to flip it as quick as possible and as smooth as possible.
- Don’t get the cinnamon swirl too close to the edge of the pancake or it will leak out the side and not be as pretty.
- Read the instructions carefully about when to add the cinnamon swirl and when to flip. It’s important!
Now it’s time for you to try them- enjoy!
Paleo Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Paleo Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Make the cinnamon swirl mixture. In a small bowl, combine ghee, coconut sugar, and cinnamon. Mix well and scoop into a plastic baggie. The consistency should be thick like toothpaste.- not too hard where you can't squeeze it and not too melty.
- Make the pancakes: In a large bowl combine the pancake mix, eggs, oil, and water. Stir until just combined.
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat and place a very small amount of coconut oil in the pan.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of batter into pan and let cook until bubbles start appearing on the surface, 1-2 minutes.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of the baggie and squeeze out the mixture in a swirl pattern onto the pancake, making sure not to get too close to the edges. Cook for another minute.
- Flip quickly with a metal spatula and cook 1-2 minutes until pancake is cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate, wipe skillet completely clean, and repeat until all pancakes are made.