This Paleo Whole30 Chicken Curry Soup is comfort food made healthy! Made in the Instant Pot in just 10 minutes and so flavorful! Gluten free, dairy free, and low FODMAP.
Soup season is upon us and I’ve been making weekly batches. I love the one pot, easy, get-all-your-veggies-in meals. This soup was an idea I had because my daughter loves chicken curry and would eat it every week if I made it. And I practically do. But I wanted something a little different.
This soup is so easy to make thanks to the Instant Pot, only 10 minutes of cook time- seriously! There is some chopping of veggies involved, but that doesn’t take too long at all. I even took a shortcut with the carrots and bought them pre-sliced. All the veggies can be chopped ahead of time and stored in the fridge to make it come together quickly the night-of.
I’m sure this can also be made on the stove top, I just don’t know the exact cook times. Add all the ingredients except the coconut milk and cook until the chicken is cooked through. Remove, add the coconut milk, blend a little, chop the chicken and add back in.
Can you tell how rich and creamy this soup is? Because it truly is. I removed all the chicken once it was done cooking and used an immersion blender to slightly blend up the veggies. Just a little to add creaminess, but left enough for texture and heartiness. Then I chopped the chicken and added it back in.
This soup uses garlic oil and green onion for a lot of the flavor. Also, make sure to use a curry powder that doesn’t have garlic or onion in it. Celery is a “limit” food so you can leave it out if you’re more comfortable. My husband has gotten a flare up from too much celery so now I’m more cautious with it.
You will love this soup because it is thick, creamy, and so quick to make! Perfect comfort food made healthy!
Paleo Whole30 Chicken Curry Soup
- 2 pounds chicken tenders or thighs
- 12 oz carrots 3 cups chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery* 2 bunches
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes chopped
- 1 14.5oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (1 bunch)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons garlic oil
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 13.5oz can full fat coconut milk (make sure no gums added)
- Add the chicken, carrots, celery, potatoes, tomatoes, green onion, water, garlic oil, curry powder, salt, pepper, and ginger to the Instant Pot. Stir well and then place the lid on. Hit the "manual" button and set the time to 10 minutes.
- Once done cooking, let natural release for 5 minutes then release the pressure by hitting the "cancel" button and sliding the valve to release the pressure.
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board and add in the coconut milk to the soup mixture.
- Blend the soup mixture a little with an immersion blender. Just a little to add creaminess, but leaving chunks. This step is optional, but makes for a much creamier soup. Hit the "sauté" button and let mixture cook a little while you chop the chicken.
- Chop up the chicken and add back to the soup mixture. Hit "cancel" and serve warm.