These Easy Paleo SunButter Cookies are naturally green with no hidden veggies. With only 6 ingredients they are easy and delicious! Gluten free, dairy free, nut free, and naturally sweetened.
This post is sponsored on behalf of SunButter. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
These cookies are so fun! SunButter naturally turns green when baking- the chlorogenic acid (chlorophyll) in the sunflower seeds reacts with the baking soda causing the green color. The color doesn’t affect their taste at all so you don’t have to worry about that. This makes these cookies perfect for St. Patricks Day or even Christmas and you can call them Grinch cookies.
I used to make a version of these when I was younger. Peanut butter, white sugar and an egg. A classic most people have made. I swapped out the peanut butter for SunButter and used maple syrup to sweeten them. Since the maple syrup adds some moisture, I added a little coconut flour. They came out amazing! A little crunch on the outside, and soft and chewy on the inside.
Naturally Sweetened and Nut Free
Since I’m using my favorite No Sugar Added SunButter, they are completely sweetened with maple syrup. It also makes them nut free, so I used some coconut flour instead of almond. It worked great and you only need a little. The texture of these is so perfect! They don’t flatten too much and aren’t cakey either.
These are just as good as the traditional version- actually better! I know you will love them! They are so easy to make. Something I felt was important. I remade these over and over until they were perfect with as few ingredients as possible. You most likely have all the ingredients already and the most time consuming part is letting the dough chill for an hour.
These are low FODMAP as long as you stick to just a couple. Coconut flour is a limit food, but everything else is approved. Enjoy!
If you really don’t want them green then you can use a half the amount of baking soda. If you’re looking for another green recipe, you can make this Paleo Low Carb Nut Free Bread and use baking soda and leave out the vinegar. It will turn green on the inside.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Easy Paleo SunButter Cookies
- 1 cup no sugar added SunButter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine SunButter, maple syrup and the eggs. Mix well. Add in the salt, coconut flour, and baking soda. Mix until no dry spots remain. Fold in the chocolate chips if using.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or over night.
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a sheet tray with parchment paper. Scoop 1 tablespoon balls onto the sheet tray. Roll between palms to get smooth and press down slightly. You should get about 19 cookies.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool to get the inside to turn green.
Leave a Comment