These Paleo Whole30 Pesto Turkey Burgers are easy to make and so delicious! A simple pesto gets mixed with the meat and they are grilled to perfection. Gluten free, dairy free, low carb and low FODMAP.
I am always looking for quick, easy and tasty meals and this is definitely one! A few ingredients that combine together that are not only easy, but so delicious. I am not a huge pesto lover because I think it’s a little too strong straight, but mixed like this is perfect because it’s not too overpowering.
This is the second recipe in my healthy baking challenge. I know it’s not baking, but I wanted a Whole30 recipe included every time so everyone could participate. Last month was the Paleo Whole30 Dijon Rosemary Pork Chops and Soft Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies. It was so fun to see all the recreations of those recipes and I can’t wait to see these this month. I didn’t plan on doing two grilling recipes in a row, but it’s that time of year! I will also include oven instructions to make it easier. Here are the instructions to enter: (UPDATE- Caitlin S. has won the challenge)
- Make this recipe between June 1st-30th
- Once you make it, take a picture and post it on Instagram, Facebook, or email it to me: firstname.lastname@example.org (you don’t need to do all 3). If posting to Instagram, use the #realfoodbakingchallenge hashtag so I can find it. If your profile is private, send me a DM. If using Facebook, just post to my page and I’ll see it.
- Bonus entry if you come back and leave a review on the recipe you made
- I’ll randomly choose a winner to win $100 Amazon gift card. Yay!
- I also shared some Paleo Peach Pie Crumb Bars and if you make both recipes you are entered twice! Then we’ll start over the next month. I’m looking forward to seeing all the recreations.
I used my Paleo Whole30 Basil Pesto to keep these low FODMAP. It uses garlic oil in place of the garlic. But if you don’t need them low FODMAP then use any favorite pesto you have. I really don’t know if there are healthy store bought ones or now since I don’t buy it. It’s so easy to make and I know you will love it.
Burger or Salad
This is great eaten as a burger, but also good as a salad. Chop up the burger and serve it over greens with cut up tomato. The green dressing that is on the salad and burgers is simply the leftover pesto mixed with mayo. Easy and a great topping!
You will love these simple, delicious burgers. I hope you try these and make sure to tag me, send me the pics, and come back to comment so you can be entered in the challenge.
Paleo Whole30 Pesto Turkey Burgers
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, pesto and salt. Mix well until pesto is completely mixed in. Shake the gelatin evenly on top of the meat mixture and then mix well. Divide into 6 even patties, about 1/2 cup mixture each.
- Place on a sheet tray lines with parchment paper and make the burgers. Roll into a ball and then press into a 5 inch circle, about 1/2 inch thick. Press the center in slightly to make a little indentation. This will help it be flat at the end instead of raised in the center.
- Grill immediately or store in the fridge until ready. Make sure to remove them 30-60 minutes before cooking which helps them cook evenly.
- Serve on lettuce, topped with a tomato. The sauce is just left over pesto and mayo mixed together.
- In baking: preheat the oven to 375° and bake the burgers for 20 minutes.