These Paleo Pecan Praline Brownies are rich, fudgy and so delicious! They are gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
I love coming up with new brownie ideas. There is really no limit to the things you can top a brownie with and this praline topping was an amazing idea. It’s sweet, crunchy and so delicious! It’s not hard to make so don’t feel intimidated.
The brownie layer is pretty simple. I like to keep my brownies dense and fudgy so that means no baking soda added which would make them cakey. These are sweetened with maple syrup and coconut sugar, but they aren’t too sweet. They are a tasty brownie by themselves, but of course I topped them with a fun topping.
The topping is a take on a pecan praline. It’s a mix of ghee (instead of the classic butter), coconut sugar and coconut milk. That is cooked down into a caramel-like sauce and the pecans are added. It will look a little runny when poured on top of the brownies, but it will set up in the fridge. This layer is sweet and the crunch of the pecans adds great texture.
Dairy Free Brownies
These contain no dairy. There is ghee in the topping which some people are sensitive too if there’s a dairy allergy, but most people can tolerate it since the lactose and casein are removed. You can use butter flavored coconut oil if you need them truly dairy free.
Gluten Free and Paleo Brownies
These use almond flour and cacao powder as the flour making them gluten free. Using natural sweeteners like maple syrup and coconut sugar keeps them paleo. They are just as rich and decadent as a traditional brownie though and no one will be able to tell the difference!
The pecans are definitely better when toasted. 5 minutes at 400° in the oven works and it adds so much flavor.
I know you will love these paleo pecan praline brownies because they are fudgy, rich, with an amazing topping. Here are some more brownie recipes to try:
- Paleo Cookie Dough Topped Brownies
- Vegan Paleo Buckeye Brownies
- Paleo Salted Caramel Brownies
- Vegan Paleo German Chocolate Brownies
- Paleo Turtle Brownies
Paleo Pecan Praline Brownies
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and coconut sugar. Stir well. Add in the eggs and vanilla and stir again until well mixed. Add in the cacao powder, almond flour and salt and mix until no dry spots remain. Stir in the chocolate chips and then scoop into the prepared pan.
- Bake 28 minutes and let fully cool before topping with praline mixture.
- Combine 4 tablespoons of the ghee, the coconut sugar and coconut milk in a small sauce pan and turn the heat to medium. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium/low and cook until thickened, stirring regally, about 10 minutes.
- Take off the heat, add the remaining tablespoon of ghee, the vanilla, salt and pecans and stir well. Pour mixture over the brownies and spread evenly. Place in the fridge to chill.