These Paleo Vegan Caramel Rolos are so simple to make and are a great little treat. A no cook caramel covered in dark chocolate. They are gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
This post is sponsored on behalf of SunButter. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible.
Recreating childhood candies and treats is definitely a favorite thing for me to do. It’s fun to see how close I can get to the original using all real, whole ingredients. These are super simple to make, mostly waiting/refrigerating, and taste so similar to the real candy. I hope you try them!
Nut Free Candy
These homemade rolos are nut free using No Sugar Added SunButter in the caramel center. This makes them a great treat for everyone, including those with nut allergies or sensitivities. The caramel is a simple mixture of SunButter, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. No cooking/boiling is required which makes these so simple!
Storing Paleo Rolos
There are a few different ways you can store these candies all depending on preference of the caramel filling. At room temperature the caramel is gooey, more like a Caramello candy bar. In the fridge they are more firm and in the freezer they are chewy just like a classic Rolo. So if that’s what you’re going for, store them covered in the freezer.
I know you will love the paleo vegan caramel rolos because they are simple, sweet, and so tasty. Here are some more homemade candy recipes to try:
- Vegan Paleo Butterfingers (nut free)
- Paleo Vegan Snickers Bars
- Vegan Paleo Tootsie Rolls (nut free)
- Paleo Vegan Cadbury Creme Eggs
- Vegan Paleo Pecan Turtles
Paleo Vegan Caramel Rolos
- In a medium bowl, combine the SunButter, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. Mix well until smooth and combined. Cover and place in the fridge for 2 hours to harden.
- Once the caramel has thickened, scoop into 1/2 teaspoon balls and place on a small sheet tray lined with parchment or wax paper. Should make 37-40 balls. Place back in the fridge for an hour.
- Remove from the fridge and shape into the rolo shape, rolling them into a smooth ball and then flattening the top and bottom. Place back on the sheet tray and refridgerate for 30 more minutes.
- Place the chocolate chips in a small glass measuring glass or bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted, about 1-2 minutes. Dip each caramel in the chocolate, letting the excess drip off and place back on the sheet tray. Place back in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- These can be stored at room temperature for gooey caramel, in the fridge for more firm or the freezer for chewy caramel like a rolo. Best stored covered no matter which way.