These Gluten Free Vegan Star Crunch Cookies are simple to make, crunchy, and a fun treat. 6 ingredients, no-bake and delicious!
This post is sponsored on behalf of SunButter. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
Star Crunch cookies were one of my favorite childhood treats- the crispy, caramely, chocolatey goodness. Recreating them was fun and I think you’ll love them!
Nut Free and Gluten Free Cookies
These come together quickly- no baking is needed! I of course use my favorite, SunButter, in the caramel mixture. It keeps these nut free/allergy friendly and super delicious!
These are gluten free and vegan with just a simple, short ingredient list. Be sure to use dairy free chocolate for the coating. I am grateful I have been able to reintroduce some gluten free grains, like rice, so I can enjoy these delicious cookies! I use a gluten free crispy rice cereal, since the most popular one isn’t gluten free. There are a few options available, I find them at my local health food store.
These are best eaten within three days of making them, then the crispy rice starts getting soft. You can also pop them in the freezer to keep them crunchy if you can’t finish them that quick. A whole batch only makes 8, so not that many. They do hold up at room temperature okay, but are best from the fridge because they are more crunchy that way.
I know you will love these gluten free vegan star crunch cookies because they are nostalgic, sweet and so tasty. Here are some more copycat recipes to try:
- Vegan Paleo Snickers Bars
- Paleo Oatmeal Cream Pies
- Vegan Paleo Butterfinger Candy Bars
- Paleo Vegan Mounds Bars
- Vegan Paleo Samoa Cookies
Gluten Free Vegan Star Crunch Cookies
- In a medium bowl, combine the SunButter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Add in the crispy rice and stir in carefully until it's well combined. Scoop into 1/4 cup portions, shape into flat circles, about 1/2 inch thick, and place in the fridge to chill for at least an hour.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe glass measuring cup. It should take 1 1/2- 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Remove the caramel patties from the fridge and dip each one in chocolate. Place back on the pan and place back in the fridge until set.
- Store covered in the fridge, these are best eaten within 3 days. They freeze great as well.