These Paleo Double Fudge Bars are easy to make, full of chocolate with a creamy SunButter layer. They are nut free, gluten free, and vegan.
This post is sponsored on behalf of SunButter. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
These were an attempt at a chocolate SunButter pop tart, but the texture is just a little off. The cookie is a little more crumbly, but the filling and frosting are there! I decided to go with fudge bar as it is double the chocolate and the frosting is fudgy. These cookie bars are so simple to make and I think you will love the taste an texture.
Nut Free Bars
These are so simple to make! Sunflower seed flour is used in addition to SunButter to keep these nut free. I made my own by placing raw sunflower seeds in a high powered blender and blending until a flour consistency was reached which is quite quick. I do think you can buy it as well, making it is just so easy and affordable.
Paleo Vegan Frosting
The fudge frosting is dairy free chocolate chips melted down with a little SunButter added so the layer doesn’t harden too much. It’s sweet, creamy and rich and makes the best topping for these bars. If you love chocolate then you will love these!
Storing Paleo Chocolate Bars
These can be stored at room temperature, covered. A lot of paleo baked goods need to be refrigerated, but these don’t. Which makes them perfect for sharing and leaving out at room temperature.
You will love these paleo double fudge bars because they are simple, just the right sweetness, and school safe 🙂 Here are some more nut free recipes to try:
- Paleo Vegan Buckeye Brownies
- Gluten Free SunButter Pretzel Bites
- Paleo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Vegan Paleo Cosmic Brownies
- Paleo Vegan Butterfinger Candy Bars
Paleo Double Fudge Bars
- 1/2 cup SunButter
- Make the sunflower seed four first by placing 1 1/2 cups raw sunflower seeds in a blender and blending until flour consistency is reached. Measure out 2 cups for the recipe, there may be a little extra.
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sunflower seed flour, coconut flour, cacao powder and salt. Add in the maple syrup, coconut oil, SunButter and vanilla and mix well until dough is formed. Press half into the prepared pan. Top with the SunButter and then the remaining chocolate dough. The best way to do this is in small pieces that you flatten with your fingers and then press on the top until all the SunButter is covered.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes and let cool before topping with frosting.
- Make the frosting. In a small sauce pan, melt the chocolate chips over medium/low heat until smooth. Add in the SunButter and pour over the bars. Top with additional chocolate chips if desired. Place in the fridge to chill.
- These can be stored covered at room temperature for up to a week. Place in the fridge if longer than that.