This Paleo Egg Roll in a Bowl has all the flavors of an egg roll, but easier and healthier! Whole30, gluten free, dairy free, and a delicious lunch or dinner.
I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought how easy it would be to make paleo and I was right. A couple easy swaps and not only is it paleo, but Whole30 as well! All the flavors of an egg roll but none of the work of rolling them? Yes, please!
This meal is so easy, full of veggies, and delicious! I like to do all the chopping ahead of time so the dish comes together even quicker. Use the biggest skillet or wok that you have- it will make it cook much faster. This meal makes a lot and leftovers are just as good, making it great for meal prep!
Sweet and Sour Sauce for topping
An egg roll isn't complete without a Paleo Sweet and Sour Sauce- so I made a homemade version that is sweetened only with fruit and so good. It goes perfectly with this savory dish. It's really pulls the bowl together to help it feel like the real deal.
If you love egg rolls dipped in sauce, then you will love this paleo egg roll in a bowl. Easier and just as tasty!
Paleo Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 large cabbage, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup chopped carrots about 3-4 medium
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 3 cloves garlic grated or diced
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 ½ pounds ground pork or chicken
- Add the oils to a large skillet or wok and heat over medium heat.
- Add the cabbage, onion, and carrots and cook until tender, stirring often- about 15 to 30 minutes depending on how big your pan is.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and coconut aminos and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the ground pork, break up with a spatula and cook until fully cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. Stir regularly to evenly distribute.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce if desired.