These Paleo Whole30 Egg Potato Boats are a fun and filling breakfast. Packed with sausage, peppers, green onions and of course eggs. They are gluten free, dairy free, and low FODMAP.
PALEO WHOLE30 GLUTEN FREE DAIRY-FREE LOW FODMAP
– Preheat the oven to 375° and line a sheet tray with parchment paper. Wash the potatoes and poke them a couple times with a fork. Rub with a little avocado oil and place them on the sheet tray. Bake until tender, about 50-60 minutes. Let cool 10-15 minutes until cool enough to handle.
– Cut the top off the potato and scoop out the inside leaving just a little potato lining the skin. Place them in a 13x9 pan.
– While the potatoes are baking, make the filling. Add the garlic oil to a large skillet. Over medium heat, cook the pepper, green onion and salt until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
– Add the sausage and cook another 5 minutes. Mine was cooked so I was just warming it up. If it's raw then make sure it's cooked through.
– Crack the eggs into a large bowl and scramble. Add in the pepper and sausage mixture. Divide evenly between all the potatoes and cook 40 minutes or until eggs are set.