These Paleo Zucchini Brownies are naturally sweetened, have no oil or butter, and are healthy enough for breakfast!
I know you guys have been waiting in anticipation all weekend for these delicious brownies I teased you about on the Date Paste post! 🙂 Well, now you can use that date paste and whip up a batch. They come together so quick and are a great way to use up zucchini!
These are not very sweet, so don’t be expecting normal brownies. I highly recommend adding some chocolate chips (Enjoy Life is a paleo brand) if you want a sweeter brownie. If you’ve done a Whole30 or are used to naturally sweet desserts then these will be just the right sweetness for you.
I didn’t use any oil because the zucchini gives so much moisture and they actually came out better without any. I made two batches just to make sure! 🙂 I shredded my zucchini on the side of the grater that makes it really fine. I think it works better that way because it mixes more evenly and there aren’t as many green pieces hanging out. Either way will work though and it doesn’t effect the taste, just the texture slightly. Because of the moisture, these are best kept in the fridge. I left them out for 1 day at room temperature, then put them in the fridge. They stay better longer and are also good cold.
These are good by themselves, but incredible made into a sandwich with almond butter in the middle! Try it!!
Here is the recipe for the Date Paste I used- so simple!!
Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bars
- 1 packed cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup date paste
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 8x8 baking pan with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, mix zucchini, date paste, egg, and vanilla.
- Add in the cacao powder and almond flour, and coconut flour and mix until fully combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips if you're using them.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Store in fridge to keep fresh.