This Paleo Buffalo Chicken Casserole is healthy, full of flavor, and comforting. So good you’ll be coming back for more. Whole30, gluten free, dairy free, and low carb.
Now, it’s not the prettiest meal ever, but it is tasty! It makes quite a bit so perfect for meal prep and eating all week. It reheats great and can even be eaten cold.
Buffalo and ranch are a classic combination so I had to add some ranch right in to the casserole- that was a good choice. It adds a lot of flavor so it doesn’t taste just like buffalo sauce. It’s like all the flavors of a wing packed into every bite. You can even add more ranch to it once it’s done cooking if you want.
I cooked some chicken thighs and added them, but left over roasted chicken or poached chicken will also work. Here is how I cooked the spaghetti squash and you can even do that a day in advance. This dish does take a little prep, but it’s not hard and it is definitely worth the effort! This meal is packed with veggies, but you can’t even tell! The spaghetti squash gives that pasta feel and the onion and carrots are cooked down and covered in sauce. It’s perfect for picky eaters. I also love that it’s an all-in-one meal. No main dish, side, etc. That is why I’ve always loved casseroles- only one thing to reheat for leftovers.
If you love buffalo wings then you will love this Paleo Buffalo Chicken Casserole! It is a fun, healthy way to get that craving! Of course it’s Whole30, dairy free, and gluten free. Here is the Ranch Dressing that you’ll need- it’s super easy. Enjoy!!
*This is spicy with a full cup of buffalo sauce, so use less for milder or kids*
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- 1 large spaghetti squash, cooked and shredded
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots, about 2-3 medium size
- 2 pounds cooked chicken
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot*
- 1/4 cup Whole30 Ranch Dressing
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a 13×9 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- While squash is cooking, sauté the onion and carrots for 5-7 minutes- until softened and mostly cooked through.
- Shred squash with a fork and place in a large bowl. Use a clean towel and press the liquid out- it doesn’t have to be super dry, but this helps make the casserole not too watery.
- Add the onion mixture to the bowl along with the chicken, hot sauce, ranch, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add the eggs, mix well, and pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve with additional ranch if desired.
Leave a Comment