This Gluten Free Spaghetti Pie is my childhood favorite, made over with gluten free noodles and goat cheese. Dairy free option.
My mom didn’t love to cook and I was a picky eater which translated to me not having a lot of foods I loved as a child. But this spaghetti pie was always a hit. A classic with a little twist. It does that the same flavors as spaghetti, but made into a baked dish where the spaghetti crust adds some sturdiness and holds up to the sauce and cheese when baked. It is pure comfort food and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.
Dairy Free Option
Since reintroducing goat cheese last year, this truly tastes like the real deal, but this can also be made dairy free if you can’t tolerate any dairy. Use all almond flour in the spaghetti mixture and leave the top cheese off or use a dairy free option that you love.
Alternatively, if you can handle dairy then feel free to use real parmesan and mozzarella.
Spaghetti Sauce Layer
I typically use a good jarred marinara for the sauce. It’s easy and convenient. I just look for one with no added sugar or cheap oils (canola or soy). I love Rao’s, but it can be pricey so I often buy Kirkland brand from Costco. There are lots of good brands though and choose one you love. For the meat, I’ve used both ground beef and ground Italian Sausage. The sausage adds more flavor and spice, but either work great.
Gluten Free Noodles
My favorite noodles are Jovial Brown Rice Spaghetti, they seem to hold their shape best when boiling and cooking. There is a chance that grain free noodles could work, but I haven’t tried it so let me know if you do.
This is a great meal to make ahead and enjoy all week. It reheats great, especially in the air fryer, and tastes just as good if not better. There are a few steps involved to make it, but no harder than making classic spaghetti. The flavors really come together when it’s baked.
I hope you try this gluten free spaghetti pie and discover why it’s so special. Here are some more cozy dishes to try:
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Gluten Free Spaghetti Pie
- 12 oz gluten free spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons goat parmesan cheese or almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 8 oz diced mushrooms
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage or beef
- 24 oz jar marinara
- 5 oz shredded cheese for the top. I used a mix of goat mozzarella and goat parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line a 13×9 with parchment paper.
- Make the spaghetti layer. In a large pot, cook spaghetti according to package. Drain and add back to the pot and add in the ghee, salt, and parmesan cheese or almond flour. If using cheese, use 1/4 teaspoon of salt, if using almond flour then use 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir well then add in the eggs and mix quickly. Pour mixture into the prepared pan and press into a crust, making sure it comes up the sides as well.
- Make the sauce. Cook the sausage or beef in a large skillet over medium heat until cooked through. Once about half way cooked, add in the mushrooms to cook as well. Once meat is cooked and mushrooms are tender, add in the marinara. Heat until warm, taste and season as needed. Since all jarred marinara is a little different it may need salt, garlic or onion to taste. Scoop this mixture over the spaghetti crust and then top with the shredded goat cheese.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Enjoy warm. Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to a week.
Leave a Comment