These Paleo Chocolate Protein Bars are a copycat of the popular RXBars. Made with simple, real ingredients and come together quickly with no baking. Gluten free, dairy free, and Whole30!
I have to admit- I actually don’t like using my food processor if I don’t have to. It’s a pain to clean and I try to make recipes mixed by hand as often as I can. I do think these bars are worth getting my food processor dirty though! They are super simple and come together in under 10 minutes.
These are technically Whole30 compliant because they are sweetened with just dates, but I recommend eating them cautiously! Don’t use them to get your sugar fix. I like what Melissa says HERE about RXBars.
I actually like these better than the original because the nuts are ground up more making it not so chunky. My 18 month old only has a few teeth and she can eat these with no problem. The original are a little tougher to chew and stick to your teeth where these are softer and easier to eat.
Have you tried the Chocolate Sea Salt RXBar? It’s one of my favorite flavors and I love the salt that is sprinkled on top. I used Real Salt kosher salt, which is the salt I use for everything. It came out amazing and the large chucks of salt balanced perfectly with the sweet bar.
I don’t usually figure out nutritional info for my recipes because I don’t court calories and I think eating a real food diet is more important than the calorie count. I did figure it out for these though because I wanted to see how close I got to the original. So the facts are below:
Original: Calories 210, Fat 9g, Carbs 24g, Fiber 6g, Sugar 15g, Protein 12g.
Mine: Calories 285, Fat 14g, Carbs 25g, Fiber 5g, Sugar 16g, Protein 15g
So these are a little higher calorie, but also higher protein and fat. I didn’t figure out the cost difference, but I definitely don’t think I spent over $20 on these which is what it would cost to buy. I think you will love this homemade version!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Chocolate Protein Bars (copycat RXBars)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup egg white protein powder just pure egg whites
- 2 cups dates
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 4-6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon large grain salt I use Real Salt
- Line a 9 inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, add the almonds and cashews and pulse until chopped up.
- Add in the egg white powder, dates, and cacao powder. Process until combined.
- Add in water a tablespoon at a time and process until mixture blends together like cookie dough. It should be moist enough to stick together, but not too wet where it’s overly sticky. This may take a minute to fully come together, just keep processing until it does.
- Press evenly into prepared pan, sprinkle with large grain salt and refrigerate.
- Cut into 9 squares. Keep refrigerated for best texture. They can be at room temperature, but will soften.
Leave a Comment