These Paleo Pumpkin Protein Bars are a copycat version of the seasonal RXBar. No-bake, made with all simple, healthy ingredients, and so delicious! Whole30, gluten free, and dairy free.
These are the third RXBar copycat I’ve made. There’s the Chocolate Sea Salt and the Sunbutter Protein Bar (PB copycat) that are both just as easy and good for their own reasons. These have the distinct pumpkin flavor from the pumpkin pie spice and have actual pumpkin in them. Yum!
They are made completely in the food processor and it only takes a few minutes. They can be eaten right away, but are best refrigerated first because they firm up more.
These are Whole30 compliant since they are just sweetened with dates. I love the original bar, but I think these are actually better. They are softer and don’t stick to your teeth as much.
I don’t usually post nutrition facts for my recipes because I don’t count calories or fat, but here is the comparison of these to the store bought kind. This is if the bars are cut into 9 squares.
Orignal: Calories 210, Fat 8g, Carbs 23g, Fiber 3g, Sugar 15g, Protein 12g
Mine: Calories 257, Fat 13g, Carbs 20g, Fiber 4g, Sugar 14g, Protein 13g
Pretty good! Especially considering they can be made any time and you do not have to wait for them to come out in the fall! The pumpkin spice is perfect in these- definitely there, but not overpowering.
The original bar uses egg whites as the protein and I have used that as well, but I also like using collagen peptides instead. It has more health benefits and I like using it whenever I can. It’s completely taste free so you can’t tell the difference.
You will love this homemade version of the popular bar. They taste amazing, are soft, chewy, and make a great snack.
Here are the other 3 flavors again: Chocolate Sea Salt and Sunbutter Protein Bar (PB Copycat), and Apple Cinnamon Raisin.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Pumpkin Protein Bars (Copycat RX Bar)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cup dates
- 1 cup egg white powder or collagen peptides
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons canned pumpkin not pie mix
- Line a 9 inch square pan with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
- Combine almonds and cashews in the food processor and turn on until they are roughly chopped.
- Add in dates and process until combined. The mixture won’t be smooth.
- Add in the egg white powder, pumpkin spice, salt, and pumpkin and process until mixture comes together. This may take 3-4 minutes. Stop and scrap down sides as needed.
- Press mixture into pan as evenly as possible.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours, then cut into 9 bars (3×3).
- Store covered in the fridge for best texture.
Leave a Comment