These classic chocolate peanut butter no-bakes are the perfect treat. Chocolate and peanut butter combine to make the best cookie ever!
I know, you may not think this is a very special recipe, but it really is. I feel like everyone should have an awesome no-bake recipe because there are times you just need it. Like when you need a last minute treat to bring somewhere, or when you have something baking in your oven but you still want to make cookies, or when you want something that everyone is guaranteed to love.That’s the truth. I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t like these.
Except my mom who just informed me that she hates them as much as okra.
That doesn’t even make sense. That’s pure craziness! Moving on…
These come together really quick and you most likely have all the ingredients in your pantry already. Make sure you measure the oats out first so you’re not rushing to do that while the chocolate is hot. Also, make sure you have a clear counter and put out wax paper to drop the cookies on.
I use a greased cookie scoop to portion these out onto wax paper because it makes them more consistent in size than using a spoon. That’s definitely not necessary though. Use what you have.
Once you add all the ingredients to the pan it takes about 6 minutes before it comes to a boil. Just be patient and don’t be tempted to turn it up. Once it starts boiling, I’ve found that exactly 4 minutes is perfect. I know that seems precise, but it does make a difference. Any less than that and they might not set properly and any more and they can become dry. Its also important to make sure your heat is only at medium. Any higher and 4 minutes is much too long.
I send these to my dad for his birthday and Christmas every year and he always eats them for breakfast. I mean, they do have peanut butter, oatmeal, and milk in them. That qualifies them as breakfast food I’m pretty sure.
These may be simple, but it’s a cookie I will never stop making. The peanut butter and chocolate work so well together and the oats give it the perfect texture.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bakes
- 3 cups oats old fashioned or quick
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Measure oats into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large skillet, combine butter, milk, sugar, peanut butter, and cocoa.
- Stir together over medium heat (no higher) until fully combined. Don’t quit stirring.
- Once it is boiling while you stir (not just small bubbles around the edge, but a rolling boil) set the timer for 4 minutes.
- Continue stirring constantly making sure to scrap the sides of the pan as needed.
- When the timer goes off, turn off the heat and add vanilla. This will cause the mixture to bubble up. Stir to incorporate.
- Add the oats and mix until completely covered. Try to work fast as the start to harden as they cool.
- Scoop onto wax paper, using a greased cookie scoop if you have one.
- Let fully cool, about 20 minutes.
Are these cookies something you made growing up?
Leave a Comment