This Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Bread is easy, lightly sweetened, and perfect for breakfast or a snack. So moist and delicious while still being gluten free and dairy free.
Lemon Poppy Seed bread has been probably my favorite bread for a long time. I can't remember when I first tried it, but I know I loved it immediately. I love anything citrus, but this bread is the best. Making a paleo version wasn't hard at all. It's sweetened only with honey and it's definitely not as sweet as a regular loaf is, but I think it's perfect.
Ingredients for lemon bread
The ingredients are pretty simple and you most likely have them on hand.
Almond and coconut flour- the mixture of these two give the best moist texture.
Honey- the sweetener to the bread. It's not overly sweet. Maple syrup could be subbed if needed.
Melted coconut oil- I like using butter flavor coconut oil for a buttery taste, but refined coconut oil would also work great.
Lemon zest and juice- this is what gives the loaf the tangy flavor. You have the option to using a mix of lemon juice and milk or all lemon juice. I think all lemon juice is better, but I love tangy, citrusy treats- it's up to you!
Eggs- these help bind the bread together and make it fluffy.
Poppy seeds- of course for the added flavor and texture.
One Bowl Bread
You will love how easy it is to make. Mixed in one bowl, by hand, and in the oven in only a few minutes. Juicing and zesting the lemons is probably what takes the longest and that's not bad at all especially with a zester and juicer. You can have this whipped up in no time.
This paleo lemon poppy seed bread is quick to make, so simple, and packed with lemon flavor! You will love it! A classic treat made-over and still just as delicious.
Here are some more lemon recipes to try:
- Paleo Vegan Lemon Cookie Cups
- Soft Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
- Grain Free Lemon Pop Tart Bars
- Paleo Lemon Curd
Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir together.
- Add the eggs, honey, coconut oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and almond milk. Stir until smooth. Add in poppy seeds and pour into pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The edges should be slightly brown.
- Store covered in the fridge if not eaten within 2 days.