These Paleo Pumpkin Pie Bars are easy and so delicious! A graham cracker-like crust and rich, smooth filling makes for a perfect treat. Dairy free, gluten free, and naturally sweetened.
I know Thanksgiving is less than a week away and you may already have your menu planned. But I had to get the recipe for these bars posted because they are so good and they would be perfect for dessert.
Pumpkin Pie Crust
I've always loved pumpkin pie. It's by far my favorite pie and possibly my favorite dessert entirely. What I don't love though is pie crust. I would always eat around it and throw it away. So when deciding to make these bars, I knew it needed a better crust.
This crust is inspired by my Paleo Graham Crackers, but you don't need to make them, just use the same ingredients that gives all the same flavor. The crust truly tastes like a graham cracker crust, which is the perfect base in my opinion.
Pumpkin Pie Filling
I grew up making pumpkin pie using the recipe on the Libby's can, except my mom always replaced the white sugar with brown sugar. It adds a depth of flavor that pairs perfectly with the pumpkin spice. I replaced the brown sugar with coconut sugar, but it reminds me a lot of brown sugar with it's carmel-y taste. I then replaced the evaporated milk with full fat coconut milk and the bars came out perfect. I've also used almond milk and that works just as well.
The crust of these paleo pumpkin pie bars is buttery, slightly sweet and the perfect base to the smooth, creamy pumpkin layer. Just like traditional pie, these are best served cold. So great to make ahead and have ready for Thanksgiving or anytime. Here are some more pumpkin recipes to try:
- Paleo Pumpkin Bread
- Vegan Paleo Pumpkin Pie Pop Tart Bars
- Paleo Pumpkin Roll
- Grain Free Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Paleo Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line a 9x9 square pan with parchment paper.
- Make the crust: in a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, salt, and ghee. Mix until mixture is well combined then press it into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- While crust is baking, make the filling. In a large bowl combine pumpkin, coconut sugar, coconut milk, eggs, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and salt. Whisk until completely smooth.
- Pour over baked crust and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Let cool at room temperature, then chill in fridge.