These Paleo Pumpkin Pie Bars are easy and so delicious! A graham cracker-like crust and rich, smooth filling makes for a perfect treat. Dairy free, gluten free, and naturally sweetened.
I know Thanksgiving is less than a week away and you may already have your menu planned. But I had to get the recipe for these bars posted because they are so good and they would be perfect for dessert.
I’ve always loved pumpkin pie. It’s by far my favorite pie and possibly my favorite dessert entirely. What I don’t love though is pie crust. I would always eat around it and throw it away. So when deciding to make these bars, I knew it needed a better crust.
My husband thought I should make my Paleo Graham Crackers, then crush them up and make a crust out of those. That’s not a bad idea, but I didn’t have the time or energy for that!! So I made a crust using similar ingredients to those graham crackers so all the flavor is still there. The crust truly tastes like a graham cracker crust, which is the perfect base in my opinion.
I grew up making pumpkin pie using the recipe on the Libby’s can, except my mom always replaced the white sugar with brown sugar. It adds a depth of flavor that pairs perfectly with the pumpkin spice. I replaced the brown sugar for unrefined coconut sugar, but it reminds me a lot of brown sugar with it’s carmel-y taste. I then replaced the evaporated milk with full fat coconut milk and the bars came out perfect. Dairy free, refined sugar free and just as delicious and the original! These are the bars to make if you’re looking for a recipe that everyone will love- not just people that eat paleo. No one will be able to tell the difference- promise!
The crust of these Paleo Pumpkin Pie Bars is buttery, slightly sweet and the perfect base to the smooth, creamy pumpkin layer. Just like traditional pie, these are best served cold. So great to make ahead and have ready for Thanksgiving or anytime 🙂
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Pumpkin Pie Bars
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons ghee, room temperature
- 1- 15 oz can pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line a 9×9 square pan with parchment paper.
- Make the crust: in a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, salt, and ghee. Mix until mixture is well combined then press it into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- While crust is baking, make the filling. In a large bowl combine pumpkin, coconut sugar, coconut milk, eggs, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and salt. Whisk until completely smooth.
- Pour over baked crust and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Let cool at room temperature, then chill in fridge.
Leave a Comment