These Paleo Caramel Apple Slices are crunchy, sweet, and simple to make. A quick caramel that coats each apple slice. They are vegan, nut free and naturally sweetened.
This post is sponsored on behalf of SunButter. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
These are great because they are easier to eat than a traditional caramel apple. Each slice is completely covered in caramel meaning no plain apple to eat. I used Granny Smith apples because I like the tartness paired with the sweetness, but these will work with whatever type of apple you love.
Storing Caramel Apple Slices
These need to be stored in the fridge so the caramel stays set. They will get a little messy if left out at room temperature. Just enjoy straight from the fridge.
The caramel is a simple mixture of SunButter, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. No cooking/boiling is required which makes it so simple! I use Natural SunButter, but No Sugar Added could also be used or crunchy natural if you want a little crunch to the slices. The maple syrup used to sweeten it really adds enough sweetness to make these feel indulgent and like a real treat.
Nut Free and Vegan
Because of the SunButter used in the caramel, these are nut free. Since it’s a dairy free caramel, they are also vegan. These would work for so many dietary restrictions while still being incredibly delicious!
I know you will love these paleo caramel apples slices because they are simple to make and are so delicious.
Here are some more apple recipes to try:
- Paleo Apple Pie Crumb Bread
- Vegan Paleo Caramel Apple Crisp
- Paleo Apple Cinnamon Glazed Cookies
- Gluten Free Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Caramel Apple Slices
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Natural SunButter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium apples
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut oil, maple syrup, SunButter and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. Make room in the fridge for it.
- Slice the apple into 1/4 inch slices. Dry each slice off and then dip fully in caramel. Place on the cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining apples until all are dipped. Place in the fridge to set.
- If using chocolate, melt chocolate until smooth and then drizzle over each slice. Place back in the fridge to set.
- These are best eaten within 3 days. Store in the fridge. Recipe can easily be doubled if desired.
Leave a Comment