These Paleo Apple Cinnamon Glazed Cookies are easy to make, soft, and have the best frosting. They are gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
These cookies are soft and almost cake-like. I usually like more of a fudgy cookie, but these are just perfect. The shredded apple adds moisture and the apple pie spice pairs so well with that and gives the cookies nice warmth and flavor. They are easy to make, just mixed by hand and scooped onto a pan. They don’t spread so you can pack them all on one baking sheet.
A combination of almond and coconut flour is the best for texture. Sweetened with coconut sugar and spiced perfectly with apple pie spice. Cinnamon will work too, but if you can get the apple pie spice, I highly recommend it.
The glaze is everything on these cookies and it’s so simple to make! Coconut butter (manna) is the base and is always my favorite to use for frostings. Add in some maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla and you have an irresistible topping.
Whenever I use coconut butter I get questions about substitutions and there really isn’t one. It’s not like butter so you can’t use that and it’s not like almond butter, so you can’t use that. It is shredded coconut blended until smooth and it makes the best glazes because it’s thick and creamy. I’ve found Amazon to have the best price, but it’s found in the nut butter section of the store if you’re looking there.
I know you will love these paleo apple cinnamon glazed cookies because they are soft, sweet, and the glaze makes them even better. Here are some more apple recipes to try:
- Paleo Caramel Apple Coffee Cake
- Vegan Paleo Apple Cinnamon Bars
- Paleo Apple Pie Crumb Bread
- Vegan Paleo Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Paleo Apple Pie Crumb Bars
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Apple Cinnamon Glazed Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup peeled shredded apple (about 1/2 large)
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, salt, baking soda and apple pie spice. Mix well. Add in the egg, coconut oil, and shredded apple. Stir until no dry spots remain. Scoop into 1 tablespoon portions, roll between palms to make a ball and place on the sheet tray. Will make 12. Press down to about 1/2 inch thick and bake for 10 minutes. Let cook before adding the glaze.
- Make sure the coconut butter is smooth. Place in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir well if needed. In a small bowl, combine coconut butter, maple syrup, water, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Stir until smooth and dollop on each cookie.
- These are best stored covered in the fridge up to a week
Leave a Comment