This Paleo Whole30 Copycat Chipotle Chicken is so flavorful and moist. You will love this homemade version that is gluten free, dairy free, low carb, and low FODMAP.
Beef Barbacoa is usually my go-to for Chipotle, but I know the chicken is super popular and I’m always looking for new ways to eat chicken. I’ve seen copycat versions of this chicken on other sites, so I decided to be inspired by them and make a paleo low FODMAP version. I was blown away at how flavorful this chicken is and I know you will love it.
The marinade ingredients look a little long, but it’s mostly spices you most likely have on hand. The green onion, garlic oil, and single chili powders keep this low FODMAP.
I of course made a salad bowl with it, a bed of lettuce, tomatoes, roasted pepper, and drizzled with low FODMAP ranch. It’s such a delicious combo.
I made this twice- once on the grill and once in the oven since grilling isn’t always possible. Both came out great. The grill of course adds more smokiness and crispiness. The oven is still a great, easy option though!
Here is a picture of just the chicken. Once it’s cooked, chop it up and toss the chicken in any juices that released.
If you’re familiar with Chipotle then you know that the chicken isn’t Whole30 compliant. Now you can make it at home and enjoy it whenever you want!
Here is my Paleo Whole30 Beef Barbacoa (Chipotle Copycat) that you might enjoy.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Whole30 Copycat Chipotle Chicken
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken (I use thighs)
- 1 bunch green onion, green part only
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons garlic oil
- 3 tablespoons fire roasted tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup water
- juice of 1 lime
- 3-4 bell peppers, sliced (no green for low FODMAP)
- 1-2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the green onion, salt, pepper, cumin, chipotle chili powder, ancho chili powder, oregano, garlic oil, tomatoes, water and lime juice in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour it over the chicken and make sure the chicken is fully coated. Let marinate at least one hour, over night if possible.
- Toss the peppers with the oil and salt.
- Line 2 sheet trays with parchment paper. Place all the chicken on one sheet and the peppers on the other.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until done. Chop up and make sure the chicken is coated in the juices.
- Alternatively, grill chicken and peppers on the grill. Chicken for about 5 minutes a side and the peppers in a basket.
- Serve over lettuce with tomatoes and ranch. If you're not low FODMAP then feel free to add salsa and/or guacamole.
Leave a Comment