These Paleo Nut-Free Zucchini Brownies are fudgy, sweet and so delicious! They are gluten free, dairy free, naturally sweetened and low FODMAP.
This post is sponsored on behalf of SunButter. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
I love baking with zucchini! It really has no flavor at all and adds great moisture to the dessert. In this case, it makes the brownies fudgy and definitely not dry. I don’t worry about peeling it first and then I grate it on the small side of the grater to make a fine shred. No need to squeeze it first, that moisture is needed!
Nut-Free and low FODMAP
Using No Sugar Added SunButter keeps these brownies nut-free and low FODMAP. Coconut flour is used for the main flour and maple syrup is used for the sweetener to also keep it low FODMAP. Almond milk is used, but coconut milk can be used instead to keep them nut free.
These brownies are one of my favorite treats. I’ve been enjoying them for the last month (I’ve made 3 batches) and love how simple they are to whip up. Everything is mixed by hand and they bake for 20 minutes. They are soft and gooey when warm, but also so delicious straight from the fridge. The chocolate chips are extra crunchy and the brownies are more dense. You can’t go wrong either way.
These make a great summer treat or can be sent in your childs lunch box since they are school safe! I hope you try these and love them as much as I do!
Paleo Nut-Free Zucchini Brownies
- 1 cup No Sugar Added SunButter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk*
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup packed finely shredded zucchini, about 1 medium
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 8x8 or 9x9 square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside
- In a large bowl, combine the No Sugar Added SunButter, maple syrup, eggs, and almond milk. Stir well. Add in the cacao power and coconut flour and mix until no dry spots remain. Add in the zucchini and mix again. Pour mixture into prepared pan and top with chocolate chips.
- Bake 20-22 minutes. You can leave these at room temperature for 1 day and then place them covered in the fridge after that. They also freeze great.