These Paleo Crunchy Cinnamon Toast Squares are a healthy alternative to the popular cinnamon cereal. Gluten free, dairy free, nut free and sure to satisfy your cereal craving!
Pictures updates 10/18- recipe and text remain the same
I got a new Paleo cookbook recently that I just love! All-American Paleo Table written by Caroline Potter of Flourish. The cookbook is full of delicious recipes and beautiful pictures. They are the familiar recipes that fill most of our tables, only made with real ingredients! I love that!
This cereal is grain free and a nice treat if you're missing that nostalgic breakfast. It's simple to make and uses ingredients you probably have on hand already.
I poured some almond milk on it and it was the real-deal!
This is baked as a thin sheet, make sure to get it as even as possible. Then cut into little squares while still warm. It will crisp up and will be ready to be enjoyed.
A little bit more about this cereal. It is super easy to make, but it does take some time to cook in the oven. When you press the dough down onto the tray, you want it to be as even as possible so it cooks evenly.
You will love how easy these paleo crunchy cinnamon toast squares and how much healthier it is than the childhood one you grew up with! Here are some more cereals to try:
Paleo Crunchy Cinnamon Toast Squares
- Preheat the oven to 275° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the sunflower butter, maple sugar, coconut oil, coconut flour, arrowroot flour, egg, cinnamon, and vanilla. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Place the batter on the parchment paper, using a spatula to smooth out into a very thin shape. About 12 by 10 inches. You want to spread this as thin as possible without creating any holes. Be patient because this process is key to the texture.
- Mix together the maple cinnamon sprinkle ingredients and sprinkle on top of the cereal dough.
- Bake for 48-50 minutes, watching carefully at the end so it does not burn, but keep in mind that the cereal hardens once cool. Cut the dough into squares while it was warm.
- Serve with milk of choice, or eat as a snack.