These Paleo Salted Caramel Brownies are a rich treat that everyone will love! A simple, fudgy brownie topped with a thick layer of dairy free caramel. They are nut free, gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
This post is sponsored on behalf of SunButter. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
You are going to love these brownies! The ratio of brownie to caramel is about equal and it's not a bad thing.
Let's talk about the layers shall we?
These brownies are rich and fudgy and so irresistible. My go-to when brownie and good even on their own. Sweetened with maple syrup or honey (I’ve made them both ways) and easy to whip up.
Dairy Free Caramel
This caramel is going to blow you away! A mixture of dates, No Sugar Added SunButter, vanilla extract and water creates the most smooth, rich caramel. You could just make this as a recipe on it's own, but added to brownies makes them an indulgent treat. Finished with a little flaky salt gives you the best sweet and salty combo.
Nut Free Dessert
The brownies are nut free by using coconut flour as the base. The caramel is nut free thanks to the SunButter. So a treat that many people can enjoy and they could even be packed in a school lunch.
These paleo salted caramel brownies are such a great treat that I know you will love. Full of chocolate with a thick sweet layer of caramel. Divine.
Paleo Salted Caramel Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a 8x8 (or 9x9) pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut oil and chocolate. Heat oven medium heat, whisking until mixture is smooth and no lumps remain. Take off the heat and stir in the honey. This should cause the mixture to slightly thicken. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in the cacao powder, coconut flour, and salt. Mix until no dry pockets remain. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20-23 minutes. Let fully cool before topping with caramel.
- Add the dates, SunButter and 4 tablespoons of water, and vanilla to a blender and blend until smooth. Add additional water if needed. The mixture should be smooth and creamy, but thick enough to frost the brownies.
- Spread the caramel over the brownies and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. These are best stored covered in the fridge. They can also be frozen.