This smokey, spicy pork is flavor packed. It comes together with a simple 6 ingredients and is Paleo and Whole30 compliant.
We are on week 3 of our Whole30, which actually started over again because my husband got sick and took some cold medicine. I guess that means we’re on week 1. I’m trying to be creative with our meals because eating the same thing over and over can get boring!
This recipe was created from a few simple ingredients I had around the house. I used a chipotle salsa from Trader Joe’s. It has no sugar, thickeners, or weird ingredients in it. If you don’t have a TJ’s near you, use your favorite salsa and add a 1 or 2 canned chipotles.
Add onions, bone broth, and salt and pepper. I only had frozen- it works just as good. Just use stock if you don’t have bone broth. Bring to a boil, turn off heat, cover and place in the oven for 3 1/2-4 hours. Remove pork from the sauce and place the pot back on a burner. Reduce sauce by half or until desired thickness.
Chipotle Pork - Paleo and Whole30
- 4 pound boneless pork loin
- 1 jar chipotle salsa
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 orange juiced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 cup bone broth or broth of choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 250°
- Cut the pork in large chunks.
- Place in dutch oven and top with salsa and garlic.
- Squeeze the orange on top.
- Add onion and bone broth in.
- Bring to a boil and then turn the burner off.
- Cover and place in oven for 3 1/2-4 hours or until meat is tender. It won't be falling apart.
- Take out of the oven and remove all the meat to a plate.
- Place on medium heat and reduce sauce by at least half until it becomes thick.
- Return pork to pan and coat with sauce.