These Paleo Vegan Apple Cinnamon Bars are so delicious and simple to make. A moist cookie base with a sweet frosting. They are gluten free, dairy free, egg free, and naturally sweetened.
I made some Paleo Vegan Carrot Cake Bars a few months back and I thought maybe I could swap out the carrots for apples and yes, it totally works. The texture is dense like a brownie, but without chocolate of course. They are sweet from the coconut sugar and the apples and apple pie spice make them perfect for fall.
Vegan and Egg Free
These contain no dairy or eggs making them vegan or good if you are working around an egg allergy. Just be sure to use butter flavored coconut oil in place of the ghee in the frosting to keep them vegan.
These are full of goodies- chopped pecans, raisins and of course apples. These add-ins are optional and customizable. Keep what you love and leave out what you don’t. I know some people really don’t like raisins, so you don’t have to add them. You do what you like. The pecans add nice crunch and the raisins add a little chew.
I use apple pie spice which I just love because it’s a combination of cinnamon, fenugreek, lemon peel, ginger, clove and nutmeg. It really it’s a nice addition, but you can use just cinnamon if you want. If you buy it, use it anywhere that you would normally use cinnamon.
The frosting is the same one that I used for my Paleo Sugar Cookie Bars. Yes, you can make a dairy free cream cheese with cashews (like I did for my Raspberry Cheesecake Coffee Cake), but I wanted something simple and this was it. Promise you will love it. It’s made with coconut butter (manna), maple syrup, and vanilla. It’s a delicious combination!
These are so easy to make and are a great fall treat. I hope you try them and love them!
Paleo Vegan Apple Cinnamon Bars
Apple Cinnamon Bars
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice or cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup almond milk, room temperature
- 1 cup peeled shredded apples (large grate) about 2 1/2 medium apples
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a 8x8 (or 9x9) pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, apple pie spice and salt. Stir well. Add in the coconut oil and almond milk and stir well until mixture is combined. Add in the apples, pecans, and raisins (if using) and mix until everything is well incorporated. Scoop into the prepared pan and spread as evenly as possible.
- Bake 33-35 minutes, until edges are slightly brown. Let cool before frosting.
- Once cooled, make the frosting. Warm up the coconut butter until smooth if needed. In a small bowl combine the coconut butter, maple syrup, ghee, vanilla, and salt. Stir well until smooth. Spread over cookie bars and cut and eat or store in the fridge.