These Paleo Sweet Potato Pecan Dessert Cups are simple to make and incredibly delicious! The sweet potato layer is smooth and lightly sweetened and the pecan topping is crunchy and amazing. They are gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
Little individual desserts are so fun and seem fancy, but actually easy to make. The star is is definitely the crunchy pecan topping- I’m always a sucker for a crunchy pecan topping on anything. It pairs perfectly with the creamy sweet potato.
The only special thing you’ll need need is 6oz ramekins. These are easily found at most stores and handy to have for fun little desserts. A small investment that is definitely worth it.
These are low FODMAP using the ingredients listed. Coconut sugar can be used if you don’t need low FODMAP and will work just as well. And they are actually only lightly sweetened as the sweet potato feels sweet already. I definitely think these could be served for breakfast as well as dessert.
Prep Ahead and Storage
These can be prepped ahead and stored in the fridge for when you want to bake them. Just make sure you let them sit at room temperature for about an hour because you don’t want to put cold glass in a hot oven or it will shatter.
Make sure to place the ramekins on a baking sheet for easy removal from the oven as well. If you have leftovers they can be stored covered in the fridge up to 7 days.
I know you will love these Paleo Sweet Potato Pecan Dessert Cups because they are sweet, crunchy, and the perfect treat. Here are some more desserts to try:
- Paleo Chocolate Hot Fudge Cups
- Vegan Paleo Cadbury Creme Eggs
- Pecan Pie Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Paleo Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
Paleo Sweet Potato Pecan Dessert Cups
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease four 6oz ramekins with coconut oil.
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch chunks. Place in a 2 quart saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat and cook 8-10 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add in the almond milk, maple syrup, salt and cinnamon and blend with an immersion blender or mix with a hand mixer. Add in the egg and mix again. Divide evenly between ramekins.
- Combine pecans, maple sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of the mixture on top of each cup. Top each with a teaspoon of ghee.
- Bake 20-25 minutes and serve warm. Store covered in the fridge up to a week.
- *Sweet potato layer can be made ahead and stored in the fridge. Let come to room temperature and top with pecan topping when ready to bake.