These Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Fudge Bars are easy to make, chewy, rich and so delicious! They are nut free, vegan, dairy free and naturally sweetened.
This post is sponsored on behalf of SunButter. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
I made these fun bars for my boyfriend’s cross country team. I like making them snacks that are nourishing and will also be good for after running a long distance. These are just that- supplying good carbs and fat and sweetened only with natural sugar. They loved them and didn’t seem to notice they were healthy 🙂 Even though those kids don’t have to have nut free snacks, a lot of schools require that. And these are nut free so they are safe to share in these settings.
Nut Free and Gluten Free Bars
These come together quickly- no baking is needed! I of course use my favorite, SunButter, in the oat layer and fudge layer. It keeps these nut free/allergy friendly and super delicious! I used the Natural SunButter in these which is my favorite lately, but the No Sugar Added can also be used- whatever you prefer!
These are gluten free and vegan with just a simple, short ingredient list. Be sure to use dairy free chocolate for the fudge layer and maple syrup if you’re keeping them vegan. I am grateful I have been able to reintroduce some gluten free grains, like oatmeal, so I can enjoy these delicious bars! I use gluten free oats because even though they are naturally gluten free, they can be cross contaminated. So just look for gluten free ones, which are super easy to find!
Storing the Fudge Bars
These store for a good amount of time in the fridge and I think would freeze great as well. Keep them in the fridge for up to a month- if they last that long!
I know you will love these gluten free oatmeal chocolate fudge bars because they are chewy, sweet and so simple. The combination of the sweet oats and soft fudge is so delicious! Here are some more nut free recipes to try:
- Gluten Free Vegan Star Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Vegan Caramel Rolos
- Nut Free Paleo No-Bake Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Fudge Bars
- 5 oz dairy free chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup SunButter
- Line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper
- Make the oat layer. Combine oats, salt, maple syrup, SunButter and vanilla. Stir until well combined and press 2/3 of the mixture into the prepared pan and place in the fridge. Save the remaining 1/3 for the topping.
- Make the fudge filling. Place the chocolate and SunButter in a microwave safe glass measuring cup or bowl and microwave until smooth and creamy- about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Pour over the oats in the pan, spreading evenly and then top with remaining 1/3 oats, sprinkle on evenly and press gently in.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- Cut into bars. Store covered in the fridge.