This Easy Vegan Black Bean Soup is easy to make, flavorful and hearty. It’s naturally dairy free, gluten free and so delicious!
My boyfriend and I went holiday shopping the weekend after Thanksgiving and we spent all day out and about. We took a lunch break at a local health food store and they had some black bean soup that I decided on and it was so delicious that I knew I needed to recreate it. It was the perfect comforting meal on a cold, snowy day. This is my version of it, which isn’t exact, but so close and just as enjoyable.
Easy to make soup
This soup is so simple to make and uses mostly pantry ingredients. Beans, broth, seasonings with a little bit of fresh veg added. This would make a great weeknight dinner, but leftovers are also amazing. I blended it some with an immersion blender to make it thick and creamy while still leaving some chunks, do this to your liking.
Vegan and gluten free soup
This soup is naturally vegan and gluten free, just be sure to use veggie broth, not chicken. It’s so filling that I think even meat eaters would be happy to have this as a meal. It doesn’t feel like it’s lacking anything and is extra yummy served with gluten free bread or crackers.
This soup is spiced just right, flavorful but not too spicy. You could definitely add a jalapeño or some hot sauce if you were wanting a little more heat. That would pair perfectly with the creaminess.
I know you will love this easy vegan black bean soup because it’s simple and so satisfying. A healthy comforting meal that the whole family will love. Here are some more soups you’ll enjoy:
- Paleo Creamy Chicken Tomato Soup
- Vegan Paleo Squash Soup
- Paleo Whole30 Lasagna Soup
- Whole30 Paleo Fish Stew (vegetarian)
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Vegan Black Bean Soup
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups veggie broth, low sodium
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- lime juice to taste
- Add the oil to a stock pot or dutch over and turn heat to medium. Add in the carrot, celery, bell pepper, onion and salt. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring regulaly, until veggies start to get tender.
- Add in the beans, broth, red pepper flakes, cumin and oregano. Stir well, cover and let cook 30 minutes. Turn the heat off and blend with an immersion blender until desired thickness. I like partially blending it while still leaving some texture. Add lime juice and serve or cook down for a thicker soup.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to a week.
Leave a Comment