This Paleo Whole30 Lasagna Soup has all the flavors of lasagna, but made way easier and quicker. A simple dinner that is gluten free, dairy free, and low FODMAP.
My friend Amy from Wholesomelicious just wrote an amazing cooking called, Gluten Free One Pot Meals and is letting me share this recipe from it today. She even let me modify it to be low FODMAP.
This cookbook is so wonderful! It’s full of naturally gluten free recipes (76 total) and a lot of them are paleo (52) or can be made paleo with simple adjustments (10 with simple adjustments like using almond butter in place of peanut butter). Or like this one called for cheese and I left it out. The book is broken into chapters depending on the pan type- sheet pan, skillet, Instant Pot, casserole dish, soup pot, muffin pan, and blender. All the recipes are made in 30 minutes or less with easy clean up and every recipe has a beautiful photo. I think we can all use quick, flavorful meals in our life. Here are a couple other recipes I can’t wait to try:
- Cashew Chicken and Veggies
- Lemon Basil Pork Chops with Asparagus
- Loaded Beef Taco and Veggie Skillet
- Maple Pecan Banana Pancakes
- Thai Pumpkin Chicken Curry
- Meatloaf Muffins
I know you will find recipes you will love in this book. CLICK HERE to buy your copy.
Now about this delicious soup I’m sharing. Who doesn’t love lasagna? But it’s pretty time consuming and I haven’t even attempted a paleo version. This recipe stuck out to me right away and it totally delivered on flavor and ease.
The zucchini noodles really give nice noodle texture and paired with the tomatoes, Italian Sausage, and seasonings it really takes like lasagna. I couldn’t quit eating it and my family also loved it.
I love how quick it came together and will definitely be making this again!
As written, this recipe isn’t low FODMAP so make sure to read the notes how I changed it. Basically I used green onion in place of the onion, garlic oil in place of the garlic cloves and left out the tomato paste. Also using my Italian Sausage, not store bought since that always contains onion and garlic. Not too hard and still so flavorful!
I did double this recipe because I never have 8 ounces of beef or sausage on hand, so I used a pound of each and doubled all the other ingredients except the broth. It came out great and gave us lots to eat. I highly recommend doing it.
I think you will love this soup and HERE is her cookbook with many more delicious recipes. Also make sure to check out her site for more great recipes: Wholesomelicious
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Whole30 Lasagna Soup
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, diced*
- 2 large garlic cloves*
- 8 oz grass-fed ground beef
- 8 oz Italian sausage
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste*
- 32 ounces chicken broth*
- 2 medium zucchini, spiraled
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese* (leave out for paleo and Whole30)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese* (leave out for paleo and Whole30)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Begin by heating a large stockpot to medium-high heat. Once hot, add the oil, onion, and garlic. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes until fragrant, then reduce the heat to medium. (I skipped this step since I didn’t use onion or garlic.)
- Now add the beef and sausage, cooking until no longer pink, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes with liquid, oregano, basil, salt, crushed red pepper (if using), tomato paste and broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add in the zucchini noodles. Reduce the heat to simmer, and cook until the noodles are softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the ricotta cheese, salt to taste. Pour the soup into the individual bowls while hot. Garnish with parmesan, if using, and a sprinkle with basil. (For this, we skip the cheese and just sprinkle with basil.)
Leave a Comment