These Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars are a rich chocolate chip cookie layered with a creamy goat cheese cheesecake. They are simple to make and incredibly delicious. Gluten free and naturally sweetened.
I’ve been loving making cheesecake with goat cheese lately. It has the same tang and deliciousness of traditional cheesecake and is so simple to make. The combos are endless and pairing it with my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe was a great idea.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
These chocolate chip cookies are the ones in my cookbook, just not scooped into individual cookies. 2/3 of the dough is pressed into the pan and baked for a little bit before being topped with the cheesecake and remaining dough. The cookie layer itself is amazing- rich, sweet, full of chocolate chips. It comes together quickly- and tastes just like a legit chocolate chip cookie.
The cashew butter is important and while almond butter can be used, I feel like cashew really adds richness and recommend it if you have it. I haven’t tried these with a flax egg, but since just 1 egg is used I do think it will work great.
Goat Cheese Cheesecake
I’ve been making lots of cheesecakes with goat cheese as the base. It has the exact same texture as cream cheese cheesecake and bakes up perfectly. I use the goat cheese logs- no need to buy anything special. Maple sugar is used just to give a light color, but coconut sugar would be just as delicious if that’s what you have. Making sure all the ingredients are room temperature is important because this will make them mix up easily and ensure no lumps remain.
Storing Cheesecake Bars
These are best stored covered in the fridge up to 10 days. They need to be chilled because of the goat cheese and are delicious straight from the fridge.
I know you will love these chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars because they have that soft cookie you love and also the cool, creamy cheesecake that is so good! Here are some more cheesecake recipes to try:
- Gluten Free Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Grain Free Blackberry Cheesecakes
- Paleo Vegan Strawberry Rhubarb Cheesecake
- Vegan Paleo Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars- grain free
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 1/3 cup maple sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper.
- Make the cookies. In a medium bowl combine the ghee and coconut sugar and mix with a hand mixer until well combined. Add in the cashew butter, egg and vanilla and mix again. Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking soda and mix until dough is formed and it's well combined. Mix in the chocolate chips with a spoon. Press 2/3 of the dough into the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, make the cheesecake. In a medium bowl, combine the goat cheese and maple sugar and beat with a hand mixer until combined- about 2-3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat again until smooth. Pour over cooled crust, top with remaining dough and bake 24 minutes, until edges are lightly browned.
- Best stored covered in the fridge for up to 10 days.