These Cookie Butter Sandwich Cookies are so delicious! Creamy Cookie Butter sandwiched between two meltaway cookies- these cookies will meltaway all your problems.
These are a copy-cat version of the new cookies at Trader Joes. Have you seen them? The description is: Creamy Cookie Butter Spread sandwiched between two decadent butter cookies. Yes, please!! When I saw them, I knew I wanted to recreate them.
They were so easy to make. Five ingredients total- including the cookie butter! The dough doesn't even need to chill. You could have these made in under 30 minutes(including cool down time) and be enjoying them. The cookie is a simple meltaway cookie that I've seen floating all over the internet and finally decided to try it. It was the perfect base for this cookie. They truly do melt in your mouth. I can't say if they're an exact copy-cat of the Trader Joe's version because I've never actually bought them. I can say they look exactly the same and they are delicious.
I wrote the recipe to have 1 tablespoon of cookie butter per sandwich, but feel free to add more. I won't tell anyone.
If you don't feel like using cookie butter, you can always use Nutella or peanut butter. Both are amazing! The peanut butter one tastes just like a girl scout Do-si-do. Like, exactly! That could be dangerous.
You will love how quick these cookies are made and how irresistible they are!
Cookie Butter Sandwich Cookies
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 18 Tablespoons Cookie Butter
- Preheat oven to 325° and line two sheet trays with parchment paper
- Mix butter and cornstarch together until combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and then the flour. Stir until completely mixed.
- Roll into 1 teaspoon balls and place on pan.
- Bake for 9-11 min or until just lightly brown. Watch closely because they brown quickly towards the end.
- Press them down slightly as soon as they come out of the oven. You want them to be flat, not puffy.
- Let cool completely and spread one tablespoon of cookie butter on the bottom side of a cookie. Place another cookie bottom-side down on top of it to form a sandwich.
- Repeat until all cookies are used.