This Creamy Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream only uses 6 ingredients and is so delicious! The perfect summer treat that is dairy free and naturally sweetened.
My boyfriend and I have been making lots of different dishes using blended beans (I haven't shared any yet), but this is my first attempt at a dessert and it came out amazing. Better than I thought and my boyfriend was so impressed that he decided not to share it with his co-workers and keep it all to himself 🙂
The mixture couldn't be more simple. Blend the beans until smooth and then add the rest of the ingredients. I promise you, you can't taste even a hint of bean. It's just chocolatey and delicious. The little bit of cashew butter also helps offset the flavor. You can use almond or peanut butter in place of that if you'd like.
It's super creamy, but letting it sit out at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before scooping is best. You can also eat it right after being churned for soft serve consistency. We accidentally found out if you leave it in the fridge it tastes like a thick, rich pudding so there's another bonus option.
Nut Free Option
This can easily be made nut free by using a nut free milk like oat or coconut and SunButter in place of the cashew butter.
I have this Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and love it. I’ve had it for 6 years and it still works great and is so worth the price.
I know you will love this creamy vegan chocolate ice cream because it's sweet and rich and so simple to make. Here are some more ice creams to try:
- Paleo Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Vegan Paleo Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream
- Paleo Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Vegan Paleo Butter Pecan Ice Cream
Creamy Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- Before you begin, make sure ice cream bowl has been freezing for at least 24 hours.
- Place the beans with liquid in a blender and blend until smooth. Add in the maple syrup, milk, cacao powder, vanilla and cashew butter. Blend again until well combined and smooth. Pour into a bowl, cover and place in the fridge for at least an hour to chill.
- Pour the cooled mixture in your ice cream maker and follow manufactures direction on churning. Mine took 10 minutes to churn.
- While ice cream is churning, prepare a loaf pan. Line it with parchment paper and cut away any excess that hangs too far over. Scoop ice cream into pan and spread evenly. Place in the freezer for 4 hours to harden or eat right away for soft serve consistency.
- Let sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to soften a little before scooping.