This Paleo Vegan Cheese Ball is simple to make and so delicious! Creamy and flavorful while being dairy free and low carb.
I’m excited to share this recipe from my cookbook Clean Paleo Comfort Food which will be released January 2021 and is available for pre-order now. The cookbook has over 100 comfort food recipes with 90% being completely new, not from my site. Here’s a list of some of the recipes, all paleo:
- Sausage Gravy Casserole
- Corn-free Cornbread
- Baked Mac and Chees
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Meatloaf
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Pizza Meatballs
- Spaghetti Pie
- French Onion Soup with Meatballs
- Clam Chowder
- Orange Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake
- Peppermint Patties
Dairy Free Cheese Ball
Now about this cheese ball. It is so simple to make and just uses a few ingredients. The cashews blend up so nicely, get smooth, and have that true cheese consistency. I made this around Christmas time last year and served it to my family and it was a huge hit. My sister raved about it and couldn’t believe that is was dairy free.
Only a handful of ingredients are needed and it’s amazing how much it tastes like the real deal. I rolled it in some chopped almonds just to look pretty, that’s definitely optional.
What to serve with it
I served this with some grain free crackers, but it would also be great with carrots, celery, or bell peppers. Simple Mills are the crackers shown here and my favorite.
I know you will love this Paleo Vegan Cheese Ball because it’s quick to make and so flavorful. Here are some more appetizer recipes to try:
And CLICK HERE to pre-order my cookbook and HERE for all the places to order.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Vegan Cheeseball
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- In a medium-size bowl, soak the cashews in filtered water for 6 hours to soften them.
- Drain, rinse, and transfer the cashews to a high-powdered blender. Add the salt, lemon juice, garlic powder and 2 tablespoons of water. Blend slowly, stopping and scraping down the sides as needed. Add the remaining tablespoon of water if needed, but be patient. It takes about 5 minutes for the mixture to become smooth.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap in a bowl and scoop the mixture into it. Wrap the plastic wrap around the cheese mixture, shaping it into a ball. Twist closed and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Unwrap the cheeseball, place it on a plate and serve with veggies or grain free crackers.
- Store leftovers, covered, in the fridge up to 10 days.
Leave a Comment