These Paleo Breakfast Muffins are the perfect grab-n-go breakfast. Lightly sweetened with a nice burst of fresh fruit and so simple to make. There’s no excuse not to eat breakfast anymore.
I don’t have a lot of paleo baked goods on my site and there’s a reason for that- we don’t eat them that often. Since they’re not allowed on the Whole30 we just got used to not having them around. I do like to make something special for the weekends though and that’s when I got the idea for these muffins. Very lightly sweetened so they’re okay for breakfast. The protein from the almond flour and eggs help keep you full. I used fresh blackberries and raspberries, but use whatever berry or fruit you have. I think cinnamon and raisins would be delicious as well- one of my favorite pairings.
My husband had a hard time not eating all of these on the night I made them. I needed to take pictures the next day- otherwise they would have disappeared. Once pictures were taken he had approximately 634 for a snack. Or something like that.
The inside is so moist, yet fluffy. Not dry at all. These can be stored on the counter for 2 days. After that put them in the fridge (if there are any left) to keep them fresh.
Did I mention this come together in one bowl? How awesome is that!?! I love simple, quick recipes and I always try to use as few dishes as possible.
These are a great make ahead breakfast that you can bake on the weekend and eat all week long. But they’re also easy enough to whip up on a weekday too!
You will love how incredibly delicious these are, how fast and simple they are, and how they’re healthy too! You can feel good about eating these muffins for breakfast or any time of day.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Breakfast Muffins
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mixed blackberries and raspberries or fruit of choice
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a muffin tin with 12 parchment liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut oil, honey, applesauce, eggs, vanilla, and almond milk. Stir until fully combined.
- Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir until just combined and no chunks are left.
- Evenly distribute between the 12 muffin tins.
- Push berries in on top and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Can be stored one day on the counter, an longer than that store in the fridge.
Leave a Comment