This Paleo Whole30 Taco Salad is an easy, filling, healthy meal that everyone will love. Seasoned meat and loads of veggies make for a complete meal and it’s gluten free, dairy free, low fodmap, and low carb.
I guess I’m a little late with the salad- it’s more of a summer recipe, but this can totally be enjoyed year round. It’s an easy meal that comes together easily. Chop the veggies while the meat is cooking and you can have dinner ready in 20 minutes.
This recipe is mainly for the taco meat and you can assemble the salad how you like. We did bell peppers, tomatoes, green onion, and romaine on the bottom. I added a little chipotle powder to some paleo ranch dressing for a spicy dressing and it was quick and easy. (The ranch dressing I linked is not low fodmap, I will be sharing one soon). Salsa is another topping that acts as a dressing and pairs perfectly with it.
I don’t know about you, but ground beef recipes are always a favorite. They are usually quick to make and I always have ground beef on hand. This started as a recipe I just made for my family and ended up making a few weeks in a row because my almost 3 year old kept requesting it. Taco meat has become a fast favorite right after chicken curry for her.
This is a low fodmap recipe which means no onion or garlic, but I found a way to still make it so flavorful with garlic oil, green onion, and all the other seasonings. If you don’t need it low fodmap then feel free to add some onion and garlic.
You will love this flavorful, easy meal. This recipe makes 6-8 servings, depending on the person. I like to chop all the veggies at once and store them in the fridge so leftovers come together even faster. Enjoy!
Paleo Whole30 Taco Salad
- 3 romaine hearts
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 bell peppers (not green)
- 1 bunch green onion
- any other favorite salad toppings
- Add the beef to a large skillet and add in garlic oil, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper. Turn heat on to medium and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up the meat and stirring as needed.
- Add the crushed tomatoes to the mixture and cook while stirring and breaking up the meat. About 10 minutes or until the beef is cooked through and mixture isn't too watery.
- While the beef cooks, cut up all the veggies. Slice the tomatoes, chop the lettuce, green onion and peppers. Assemble the salads and top with the meat.
- The dressing pictured is paleo ranch with a little chipotle powder added to taste.