These Paleo Sugar Cookie Bars are so easy to make and have all the same flavors as a sugar cookie. Gluten free, dairy free and naturally sweetened.
Sugar cookies are a classic that will never get old. The are simple, sweet, and topped with frosting makes them even better. Turning them into bars makes them so easy and who doesn’t like a cookie bar?
I made these a couple times to make sure they were perfect and the combination of maple syrup and coconut sugar is the best. It makes them not too dark in color and the mix of sweeteners gives great flavor.
Grass-fed gelatin maybe seems like a strange ingredients for cookie bars, but it adds chewiness and helps the bars hold together better. You can leave it out, but I don’t recommend it. It’s just a little bit and makes these bars so good!
While my daughter does not like baked goods, she LOVED the frosting and ate it off a couple of the cookie bars. We had fun making these together and I’m glad she enjoyed part of them. It’s made from coconut butter, maple syrup, and a little ghee. It’s so simple and perfectly sweet.
These bars are easy, delicious and I think you will love them. Chewy, perfectly sweetened and frosted. Yum!
Enjoy a little piece of sugar cookie heaven!
Paleo Sugar Cookie Bars
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line a 8 (or 9) inch square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, gelatin and coconut sugar. Stir to combine. Add in the maple syrup, ghee, egg, and vanilla. Mix until well combined and no dry spots remain.
- Bake 18-20 minutes- until edges are light brown. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once cool, mix coconut butter, ghee, maple syrup, vanilla and salt together in a small bowl. Spread evenly over the cookie bars.
- Store in the fridge for a firmer texture.