This Paleo Caramel Apple Granola is easy to make and is such a great snack. The sweet cinnamon, chewy apples, and crunchy seeds combine to make a tasty treat. It’s gluten free, dairy free, naturally sweetened and vegan.
I made this granola at the beginning of the year and then I lost the recipe! I’m so glad I recently found it. I know apples are for fall time, but this is too good of a recipe to wait until next year. Also, it uses dried apples which are always in season 😉 It can be hard to find dried apples without sugar added, HERE are the ones I use and love.
I love making my own granola. The flavor possibilities are endless and it’s so quick and easy. It’s been far too long since I’ve shared a new one and I’m excited about this one. I think you will love it!
The caramel part is a cheater caramel I have been making for a couple years now and love. It’s a mixture of nut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla and it really tastes like caramel. That is the wet mixture for this granola that gets poured over all the nuts and seeds.
This can be made nut-free using SunButter in the caramel and sunflower and pumpkin (pepitas) seeds in place of the almonds and pecans. It’s actually easier that way since no nuts need to be chopped. I’ll write it in the notes as well. This is also a vegan recipe since no dairy or animal products are used.
Hemp seeds have become a favorite seed go mine in the past year. They are super healthy, have a mild flavor, and the texture can be reminiscent of oatmeal at times. That is how they are in this granola- giving it a slightly chewy texture.
I love Apple Pie Spice because it has cinnamon in it, but other warm spices as well and it just adds so much flavor. You can use cinnamon if you don’t want to buy apple pie spice, but I highly recommend you try it.
This makes the perfect snack or gift. I hope you try it and love it!
Here are my other granolas: Paleo Pecan Pie Granola, Paleo Honey Almond Granola, Paleo Cinnamon Granola, Paleo Pumpkin Granola.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Caramel Apple Granola
- 1 1/2 cups chopped almonds*
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans*
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/2 cup almond butter*
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 300° and line a sheet tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the nuts, seeds and apples.
- In a glass measuring cup or medium bowl, combine the almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, salt, and apple pie spice. Stir until smooth.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well. Dump on sheet tray and spread as evenly as possible. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, stir around and spread evenly again. Press down so clumps form and bake 15-20 more minutes. Let cool before breaking apart if you want larger clumps.
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature.
Leave a Comment