This Paleo Whole30 Pesto Chicken Zoodle Soup is quick, easy, and so delicious! Tender chicken, flavorful pesto, and perfectly cooked zucchini noodles make this so delicious. Gluten free, dairy free, and low FODMAP.
I’ve been on a soup kick lately and I think you guys are too because you’re loving them! This one is another quick one, made in the Instant Pot. I like to make the pesto ahead of time and storing it in the fridge so this comes together even quicker when I make it.
As usual, this is low FODMAP which means I used my homemade low FODMAP pesto which uses garlic oil for the garlic flavor. I used homemade broth since store bought always has garlic and onion in it. You can use water if you don’t want to take the time to make homemade. And then I used green onion for the onion flavor since regular onions are not tolerated. The result is still so flavorful and tasty.
Zucchini noodles (zoodles) are a favorite in soup. They cook a little and really have that noodle texture. I used them in this Paleo Whole30 Lasagna Soup as well. I have THIS spiralizer and love it.
I have only made this in the Instant Pot, but I’m sure it will work on the stove top as well. Add the chicken to the broth, salt and pesto. Cook on medium until chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken and add in the tomatoes, zoodles, green onion and almond milk. Chop up the chicken and add back in.
This soup is fresh, comforting, and so delicious! I know you will love it!
HERE is the Instant Pot I have and love.
Updated September 2019 with Stove Top Instructions.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Whole30 Pesto Chicken Zoodle Soup
- 12 chicken thighs, about 3 pounds
- 2 cups chicken broth (homemade for low FODMAP) or water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup paleo pesto
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 4 medium zucchini, made into noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Add chicken, broth and salt to the Instant Pot. Put lid on, make sure valve is closed, and cook for 8 minutes on high.
- Hit "cancel", release pressure and remove the chicken. Add in the pesto, tomatoes, almond milk, zucchini, and green onion. Hit "saute" and cook until noodles are tender, about 5 minutes. While that is cooking, chop up the chicken and add it back in. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Hit "cancel" and serve warm.
- Add the chicken, broth and salt to a large stock pot. Add an additional cup of water or broth. Place on the stove and cook on medium/high until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and chop it up, or use a clean pair of scissors and cut the chicken in the pot. Add in the pesto, tomatoes, almond milk, zoodles and green onion. Cover and cook 5 more minutes, until noodles have softened.
Leave a Comment