These Paleo Red Velvet Brownies are rich and have a sweet dairy free cheesecake topping. They are so delicious and gluten free, dairy free, naturally sweetened with a nut free option.
This post is sponsored on behalf of BareOrganics. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
These brownies are so rich and fudgy. I don’t use a leaving agent like baking soda so they don’t rise at all. That is on purpose because I think fudgy brownies are better than cakey brownies. The cheesecake frosting is cashew based, but still has that creamy, tangy goodness. It’s an amazing combo.
A little more about the key ingredients I used for these brownies. BareOrganics has many superfoods that are great to incorporate into your diet. Here are the two I used for this recipe.
Extra Rich Cacao Powder: brownies aren’t brownies without cacao! BareOrganics Cacao Powder is made by cold-pressing the beans to remove some of the oil and preserve the nutritional value and rich flavor without added fillers or sugar.
Beet Root Powder: this powder is naturally dark red which makes for a great food coloring. It is high in fiber and betaine (more about that HERE since I wasn’t real familiar with it). I actually don’t love beets, but this powder isn’t too earthy and has a sweetness to it. It is so good!
Nut-Free and Low FODMAP Option
The brownies themselves are nut free, just using coconut flour. The frosting does have cashews though, so you can use the frosting that I made for my Paleo Carrot Cake Bars. I’ll write it in the notes as well. It’s a combination of coconut butter, maple syrup and a couple other simple ingredients. The brownies are also low FODMAP if eaten without the frosting. Beet is a limit food, but you’ll be fine with 1 brownie.
If you are looking for a rich, sweet dessert that everyone will love, then you have to try these brownies. They are easy to make and so delicious!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Red Velvet Brownies
- 1/2 cup melted ghee*
- 2 oz dairy free chocolate, about 1/3 cup chips
- 1/4 cup BareOrganics Cacao Powder
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup BareOrganics Beet Root Powder, sifted
- 5 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the ghee, chocolate, and cacao powder over medium heat. Whisk just until smooth- about 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat and add in the maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a big bowl and add the eggs. Stir to combine. Add in the Beet Root Powder, coconut flour and salt and mix until combined and no dry spots remain. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Let cool before frosting.
- Make the frosting. Soak the cashews in cold water for at least 4 hours or up to overnight. Once soaked, drain and add the cashews to a high powdered blender. Add in the maple syrup, coconut oil, salt, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth and creamy. Spread on top of brownies. Place in the fridge to set.
Leave a Comment