These Pecan Pie Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes are easy, sweet, and have the best crumb topping. They are gluten free, low FODMAP and naturally sweetened.
This post is sponsored on behalf of Danish Creamery. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
These sweet potatoes are so amazing! An easy side dish or dessert perfect for any holiday or gathering. They aren’t hard to make, but are impressive looking and sure to please guests. The inside is creamy and slightly sweet and they are topped with a crunchy, pecan crumb topping that add the best texture and flavor.
Why I Love Danish Creamery
The secret to Danish Creamery’s velvety rich, butter lies in the health of its cows and land. For that reason, their family farmers ensure that the cream in their butter comes from cows that are humanely raised, munching on grass in wide open spaces, just as nature intended. Not only do they stay healthier, but they produce tasty, nutritious milk- the key ingredient to Danish Creamery butters.
Each foil wrapped stick of Danish Creamery butter begins with a commitment to sustainability, open California pastures, and pasture raised, humanely raised cows.
Danish Creamery’s new Organic Spreadable Butter with Coconut Oil offers the flavor of it’s fresh churned butter, but in spreadable form. It makes a great topping for your favorite recipes or a great base for cooking and sautéing at a higher temperature. Blended with organic virgin coconut oil for a smooth, spreadable texture. It is made with organic cream that meets non-GMO standards.
Healthy Sweet Potatoes
These sweet potatoes are grain free thanks to the coconut flour that is used in the crumb topping. Maple syrup is the only sweetener so they are naturally sweetened. These feel indulgent, but are good for you.
Making the Sweet Potatoes
These are super easy to make. You bake the sweet potatoes first and it’s good to find one’s that are big and similar in size so they bake at the same rate. Mine were between 11-15 ounces and they worked perfectly. Once baked, cut in half and scoop on the middle, leaving a little in the skin. Add the cinnamon, maple syrup, and Danish Creamery Organic Spreadable Butter and add back in. Top with the crumb topping and bake again. They can also be prepped ahead and stored at the step before adding the crumb topping. Just add that right before baking.
I think you will love these pecan pie twice baked sweet potatoes because they are tender with the most incredible topping.
Pecan Pie Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400° and line a sheet tray with parchement paper. Wash the sweet potatoes and place them on the sheet tray. Bake 40-50 minutes, until fork tender. Let cool 20 minutes, until cool enough to handle. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°
- Cut each potato in half length wise and scoop out the inside, leaving 1/4 inch of the sweet potato in the skin.
- Add the scooped out potato to a food processor and add the Danish Creamery Organic Spreadable Butter, maple syrup, salt, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth. Scoop back into potato halves.
- Make the topping. In a small bowl, combine the pecans, cinnamon, coconut flour, butter, and maple syrup. Mix with a fork to combine until crumbly. Divide evenly between all the potaotes.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 350°, until top is golden brown.