These Paleo Cherry Chocolate Chip Bars are easy to make, sweet, and soft. They are gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
These bars are dense, moist, chewy and so simple to make. They are mixed up by hand and ready for the oven in under 10 minutes. They are similar to a chocolate chip cookie, but in bar form and with the addition of dried cherries. So much easier and more flavor!
Recipe Ingredients and Substitutions
Here is a look at the ingredients I used and how they came together. Really so quick!
These are the substitutions you can make, let me know if you have questions beyond this.
- Almond flour- cashew flour or another nut flour. Does not convert 1:1 for coconut flour
- Cashew butter- any nut butter will work
- Ghee- coconut oil, butter flavored coconut oil, and butter
- Maple syrup- honey, date syrup
- Coconut sugar- another granulated sugar like date sugar or maple sugar
- Egg- flax egg or chia egg will work great here
- Chocolate chips- I used dairy free chocolate chips, use whatever you have or love
Using cherries in these bars made perfect sense. They add a touch of sour that pairs well with the sweet chocolate chips. The bars are soft and dense and then you get a bite of cherry that is chewy and full of flavor. You will love these!
Paleo Cookie Bars with a Vegan Option
These are so easy to make. You can see the ingredients I used above, most items you probably have in your pantry. Using the egg substitute I suggest along with coconut oil in place of the ghee, will keep these vegan.
You could even leave the cherries out or use another dried fruit if you want. The chocolate cherry combo works great, but use what you have, keeping the measurements the same.
I know you will love these paleo cherry chocolate chip bars because they come together quickly and are incredibly delicious! I hope you try them. Here are a couple other cookie bars you will enjoy:
Paleo Cherry Chocolate Chip Bars
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper or grease well.
- In a large bowl, combine the cashew butter, ghee, coconut sugar, and maple syrup. Stir until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla and stir again.
- Add in the almond flour and coconut flour and stir until a dough is formed and no dry spots remain.
- Add in the chocolate chips and cherries and mix until well incorporated.
- Bake 18 minutes, until edges are lightly brown. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting.
- Store covered at room temperature for up to 2 days and in the fridge after that.