These Paleo Nut Free Carrot Cake Bars are dense, sweet and easy to make. A moist cake with a sweet frosting. They are gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
Nut Free Carrot Cake
I have a lot of carrot cake recipes on my site, but they all involve nuts or nut flour, so I knew I wanted to make a version for those that need nut free recipes.
The texture of these is like a cross between a bar and cake. They are more dense and moist than cake, but a little fluffier than bars.
Grain Free and Nut Free Bars
These use coconut flour as the base which is a great grain free flour. Just a little is needed since it's very dry and absorbs a lot of liquid. These still have all the carrot cake flavor- spices, shredded carrots and coconut. The frosting is coconut butter (manna) and maple syrup and adds a little more sweetness.
These bars are so easy to make! They are mixed in a bowl and ready for the oven in just minutes. The most time consuming part is grating the carrots and that's not hard, just takes a little time. Once they are cooled they are frosted with the simple frosting and then ready to enjoy.
I know you will love these paleo nut free carrot cake bars. They are sweet, have the best texture, and are great for any carrot cake- lover!
Here are more carrot cake recipes:
- Paleo Carrot Cake Coffee Cake
- Vegan Paleo Carrot Cake Balls
- Paleo Carrot Cake Bread
- Vegan Paleo Carrot Cake Bars
Paleo Nut Free Carrot Cake Bars
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add in the maple syrup, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla and stir well. Mixture will thicken as the coconut flour absorbs the liquid. Add in the carrots and raisins and stir to combine.
- Scoop into prepared pan and smooth out evenly. Bake for 35 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Let cool.
- Once cooled, make the frosting. First make sure the coconut butter is soft and mixed well. Add it to a small bowl and add the maple syrup, vanilla and coconut milk. Mix well until smooth. Spread over bars.
- Store covered in the fridge up to a week.