These Paleo Vegan Banana Muffins are simple to make and so delicious. They come together quickly and are gluten free, egg free, dairy free and naturally sweetened.
I have a few different banana bread and muffin recipes on my site, but making one specially egg free and vegan was needed. These ones do not disappoint are are super easy.
Paleo and Vegan Muffins
These are paleo since coconut sugar is used as the sweetener and almond flour is used for the flour. Making them grain free and naturally sweetened. They are vegan since no animal products are used. 2 flax eggs are used in place of chicken eggs. This is easily made by mixing 2 tablespoons flax meal with 6 tablespoons water and letting it sit 5 minutes to thicken. This replaces the eggs in the muffins and helps hold them together.
The texture of these is so great! They are super moist from the bananas and the chocolate chips add a nice little sweet crunch. They aren’t as fluffy as some muffins, but I don’t think it’s a problem.
These muffins use mainly pantry staples and of course bananas which most people have. Of course, let me know if you have any questions about substitutions in the comments. I’m always happy to help work with what you have on hand.
I think you will love these paleo vegan banana muffins. They are perfectly sweet and so moist. A great treat!
Here are my other banana recipes:
- Paleo Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Flourless Paleo Chocolate Mini Muffins
- Best Paleo Banana Bread
- Paleo Chocolate Banana Coffee Cake
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Vegan Banana Muffins
- 1 cup mashed or puréed bananas 4 small
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs*
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a muffin tin with 12 liners. Parchment is recommended as these do stick.
- In a large bowl, combine the banana, coconut sugar, flax eggs, almond butter, almond milk and vanilla. Stir well until smooth.
- Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir until well mixed and no dry spots remain. Add in the chocolate chips and stir again.
- Divide evenly between the 12 liners and bake 20-22 minutes. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
- These are best stored covered in the fridge up to a week.
Leave a Comment