These Paleo Chocolate Filled Cookies are soft, sweet and stuffed with gooey chocolate. They are gluten free, dairy free with a vegan option.
Paleo and Vegan Cookies
These cookies use almond flour as the base and coconut sugar making them grain free and naturally sweetened. I’ve made them with an egg and with a flax egg and both work great. Using the flax egg makes them vegan.
To make a flax egg, combine 1 tablespoon flax meal with 3 tablespoons water and let sit for 5 minutes to thicken. This helps bind the cookies like a traditional egg does
A great thing about these cookies is how quick they are to make. The dough is mixed up in just minutes and no chilling is needed so they are in the oven right away. You can be enjoying a warm chocolate filled cookie in about 20 minutes!
The best option for the filling is an Alter Eco Super Dark Truffle. They are dairy free/soy free/vegan and the perfect size. I did try using a few chocolate chips and it doesn’t give that dramatic ooze like the truffle. A chuck of chocolate may work in place of the truffle. I’m linking to them, but check your local health food store so you don’t have to buy 80 of them 🙂
I know you will love these paleo chocolate filled cookies because they are chewy, sweet, and easy to make. Here are some more cookies to try:
- Vegan Paleo Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Vegan Paleo Samoa Cookies
Paleo Chocolate Filled Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, salt and baking soda. Stir to combine. Add in the coconut oil and flax egg and mix until dough is formed.
- Divide the dough into 10 balls, about 1 tablespoon each and roll in between palms to make smooth. Take one ball and press it flat and place half a truffle in the center. Wrap the cookie dough around it until it's completlely covered and roll until smooth again. Place on the cookie sheet and repeat until they are all stuffed.
- Spread the cookies evenly out on the cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart and bake 10-11 minutes. Enjoy warm while the inside chocolate is gooey. Store any leftovers covered in the fridge.