These Paleo Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are thick, sweet, and delicious! They are vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and egg free.
These cookies are so fun and not hard to make at all! They are thick, sweet (but not too sweet) and such a great treat. A chocolate chip cookie taken to the next level by being stuffed with rich brownie dough.
Paleo and Vegan Cookies
These cookies use almond and coconut flour which makes them grain free. They are sweetened with maple syrup and coconut sugar which are natural sweeteners.
They use a flax egg in the place of a regular egg. This helps bind them and it’s super easy to make. Mix 1 tablespoon flax meal with 3 tablespoons water and let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken. Using this keeps them vegan.
A friend who tried these and loved them said I should call them CCCrownies, which stands for chocolate chip cookie brownies. I do think it’s a clever name and fits them perfectly.
These cookies are thick and don’t spread when they bake which I think is a good thing. Thick, soft and so delicious! They all fit on one pan so baking doesn’t take long at all. They store well in the fridge or freezer if you can’t eat the whole batch at once.
Just look at the inside of the cookie!! It’s so good and definitely a fun surprise for anyone who just thinks they’re a chocolate chip cookie.
I know you will love these paleo brownies stuffed chocolate chip cookies because they are the best of both worlds- a soft cookie and rich brownie all in one bite. Definitely put these on your baking list to try!
Here are some more vegan treats you will love:
- Paleo Magic Cookie Bars
- Vegan Paleo Apple Cinnamon Bars
- Paleo Vegan Snickers Bars
- Vegan Paleo Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg*
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips, mini work great
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, coconut sugar and flax egg. Mix until smooth. Add in the almond flour, 2 tablespoons coconut flour and baking soda. Mix well, until dough is formed.
- Remove 1/3 of the dough (about 5.7oz) to a small bowl and add in the cacao powder. To the remaining dough, add in the last tablespoon of coconut flour and chocolate chips.
- Divide the chocolate chip cookie dough into 14 balls, about 1 tablespoon each. Divide the brownie dough into 14 equal balls, about 1/2 tablespoon each.
- Press a ball of cookie dough flat in your palm and place a brownie ball in the center. Wrap the cookie dough around it and roll into a ball. Place on the cookie sheet and repeat with the remaining balls. Flatten them slightly since they don't spread and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Store covered at room tempertaure for 1 day and then store in the fridge up to 10 days after that. These freeze great as well.
Leave a Comment