These Paleo Vegan Snickers Bars are a homemade version of the classic candy bar. A soft nougat, a layer of creamy caramel, topped with salty cashews and dipped in chocolate. They are gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
I love a good copycat recipe and this one is amazing! If you're craving a candy bar, but choose to eat grain free, these are the answer.
The nouget is almond flour, almond butter, and a few dates. This combines to make a dough that isn't too sticky and just sweet enough. Press that into the bottom of a loaf pan and you have the first layer.
The caramel is next and that has a base of dates. If you haven't had date caramel yet, you are missing out! It is seriously rich and sweet and so easy. Blend the dates, cashew butter, vanilla and water together until it's smooth and creamy. Like caramel 😉 I use a food processor for all this and don't bother washing it in between layers. Spoon that layer on top of the nouget and then press the cashews on top of the caramel. I chose cashews since I think they are closest to peanuts in texture and flavor. I went with roasted and salted, but you can use raw if that's all you have. Let this layer freeze for at least an hour to get firm enough to dip or it will be a mess.
Melt some dairy free chocolate chips and a little coconut oil together until smooth. Cut the bars into 8 1-inch bars. I will say that they are pretty big if you go for this size and it makes for a big treat. They could easily be cut into 16 (each bar in half), but do what you want. Dip each bar, place back on the parchment paper and place back in the fridge. These are best stored in the fridge or freezer as they melt and get soft at room temperature.
No Bake Treat
These are made completely with a food processor and require no baking! There is a little wait time between the caramel layer and dipping them, but it's not bad.
I know you will love these paleo vegan Snickers bars because they are simple to make, chewy, sweet and so divine. Here are some more copycat recipes to try:
Paleo Vegan Snickers Bars
- 1 ¼ cups dairy free chocolate chips melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Make the nouget. Add the almond flour, almond butter, dates, and salt to a food processor and blend until a dough is formed. Add the water if needed. Mixture should hold together when squeezed between your fingers. Press into the bottom of the preppared pan and place in fridge while you make the caramel.
- In the same food processor, no need to clean, add in the dates, cashew butter, vanilla, water, and salt. Blend until creamy and caramel-like in consistency. Remove the pan from the fridge and scoop the caramel mixture over the nouget layer. Top evenly with the cashews. Place the pan in the freezer for at least an hour before cutting.
- Once bars have chilled, remove them by pulling on the sides of the parchment paper. Cut into 1 inch bars, making 8 total. Melt chocolate and coconut oil together in a microwave safe bowl. Do this is 30 seconds increments, stirring each time. This should take about 1 ½ minutes. Dip bars in the chocolate, coating fully. Place back on the parchment paper and place in the fridge to chill.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.